Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default .357 Sig Decision

I just recently bought a Sig 229 Equinox in 40 S&W. I am thinking about getting the .357 barrel for it. Does anyone have any thoughts on if its a worthwhile investment?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: .357 Sig Decision

The Equinox is pretty. I own a .40SW 229 myself and bought the .357 SIG barrel for it. To be honest, I found the round to be too snappy for my liking. I prefered the .40SW. If anything, I'd recommend getting the 9mm Barsto barrel . . . or a 220 in .45.

If you're in love with the .357 SIG round, I can tell you that the barrel change was very easy.

I ended up selling my .357 barrel, because it didn't do much for me.

(Luzerne County)

Good Reply. actually just about exactly what i was looking for. I know making the swap would only take seconds and a bonus of not needing new magazines. I was looking at the ballistics on the federal website and it got my mind going on having both available. I have never actually shot the .357 round.

(Beaver County)

I have a 229SAS .40S&W. I came very close to getting a .357 Sig barrel for it. Almost like having two guns. But at the price of .357 ammo I didn't think that I would shoot it enough to justify the investment. If you get one let us know how you like it.
    __________________________________________________ ____

You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither.

(Luzerne County)

When I got my first P229 it was in .357 SIG. I bought a P239 in 40 S&W shortly after. (Wish I would have kept those guns) I converted the P239 to .357 SIG. Out of a SIG pistol the .357 SIG cartridge is the softest shooting most accurate round I have ever fired. I had a G31 with just over 34,000 rounds through it and it never could hold up to the P229 or the P239. I put about 10,000 or so rounds through each of the SIGs and all I can say is... WOW! One of the major deciding factors of getting rid of the .357 SIG round was cost of ammo. (I shoot a lot!) I would get the conversion barrel. Train with the 40 and carry the .357 SIG. Or just use it for shooting. Your choice, but you definitely can't go wrong with it.

P.S. WWB 125 Gr. JHP (Best round I have ever used in .357 SIG)

(Luzerne County)

I have been reading alot about this lately on the Sig forums. It seems to me that there are 2 different types of people. People who like the .357 Sig and those who do not. I feel that i am a good shot with all of my pistols. I can easily group with my Sig better then my Beretta 92. So from what I am reading. I just may improve even better yet with the .357......... I am going to have to shoot it for my self. Now comes Part 2 Do I get a standard Sig barrel or spend a few more bucks and get a Barsto barrel. Im going to drive myself nuts....

(Philadelphia County)

9 is fine.

(York County)

I think you will find that the purchase of the 357 sig or 40 S&W barrel for
    a Sig 229 is a great addition. There is a Federal Agency that i have tremendous
    respect for that issues the Sig 229/357. The United States Secret Service. When
    they choose the firearm as well as the ammunition, it is well researched/tested.
    Those men and women of the Uniform Division and the Special Agents of the
    Protection Details are some of the best. I was fortunate to attend the Firearms
    Instructors Training Course at the Rawley Training Facility. I can tell you that back
    then and now, there "mission" is protection. My Sig 229/357 & 40S&W, are
    accurate/dependable. The 357 may cost more, but it is a fast, not to mention
    a little loud. I wear double ear protection. The 357 sig round is a winner.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Luzerne County)

Good answer. Thanks for your time. I think i am going to order the barsto barrel for it.

(Philadelphia County)

I recently purchased a G31 and I have to admit it's the most accurate semi auto I ever owned or shot,and that's a long list.
    MOHAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast