Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default What would our Founding Fathers think?

I'm really curious how good ol' George Washington would feel right now. Obviously, race not being an issue(Slaves built the White House). Jefferson, Adams, Franklin....these men were patriots and believed strongly in our Amendments and them not being INFRINGED!

I'm sure that they would be disgusted...a man with some pretty bad friends(as Bill O'Reilly said- Ayers/Wright) and communist ways trying to take away our right to keep and bear arms. I remain optimistic but I've been prepared for the worst...2012 will be the time to get him out of office. By then, everyone(the kool-aid drinkers) will have seen their taxes rise. And will want a different kind of change. One that doesn't include "riding a unicorn."

In January we could hear..."I, Barack Hussain Obama, do solemnly swear......" It's scary to say the least. The Founding Fathers will be rolling in their graves.

I may not have a son for another 10 years...but when he/she is in school and learning about our Presidents....I just can't imagine Barack being among the names. Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama...umm that could almost be a new oxymoron. He is just so damn liberal. And where did he get all this $...? Funding is coming from "another source"

Either way tonight will be history. We'll either have the first African-American President or the first women VP...The senate will be completely controlled be the Dems. Being former military, I was glad to see the equipment I was provided. It was all state-of-the-art up to date with today's standards. Bush took care of us. He also voted every year to raise our pay! It kills me to think Obama will destroy our Military. I'm still in shock of him cutting off aide to our troops. I still get chills when I see Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitch of the 2001 World Series...and it was a strike. Obama couldn't come close. Oh ya, and he can't fly a jet either...another great moment in Bush's Presidency.

- May God Bless America...we really need it right now.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Chester County)

Default Re: What would our Founding Fathers think?

I think they ALL would be vomiting in the streets. This is their worst nightmare and one that they were afraid of. Popularity is a Democracy not a Republic and unfortunately you are watching the next American Idol.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I think they ALL would be vomiting in the streets. This is their worst nightmare and one that they were afraid of. Popularity is a Democracy not a Republic and unfortunately you are watching the next American Idol.
    I think they probably wouldn't have been able to keep a meal down for the past, oh, 147 years or so.

The Republicans only care about the 2nd Amendment (and half-heartedly at that), the Democrats care about a few more amendments, and neither cares about the 9th or 10th amendments, nor pretty much any other part of the Constitution besides the BoR.

The country's government was trashed a long time ago by a people who just didn't care about accepting the responsibilites or defending the rights written in the Constitution. A people who supported the government suspension of rights whenever politically convenient. The two party system has worked to eliminate principles from government and instead turn every right into a continuum of "reasonable restriction", always negotiable for the right price.

Every time another American votes for the "lesser of evils" in any election, he may as well turn the proverbial into the literal by pissing on the graves of the Founding Fathers. It's not the government that's broken, it's the people.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

I personally believe that George Washington would be facinated by how the Austrians made such a damn fine weapon.

Then he would be using said weapon to demonstrate what they ment when they drafted the 2nd Amendment.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: What would our Founding Fathers think?

I personally believe that George Washington would be facinated by how the Austrians made such a damn fine weapon.

Then he would be using said weapon to demonstrate what they ment when they drafted the 2nd Amendment.
    +1000! Can't really improve on it!

Bob

(Lehigh County)

It's the same thing as when ole George and Tommy Jefferson and the gang were around. Federalists. Nationalists, Anti-Federalists and throw in a few Loyalists and Toreys for good measure.

SSDD (same shit, different day)
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Susquehanna County)

I think they (the Founding Fathers) were the last smart men in politics. Since then it's been going downhill. Like Danial Webster's ghost ask "Whats the state of the Union ?" would hate to have to tell him today what the state of the union is

(Chester County)

The founding Fathers would be in the middle of a revolution right about now.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Bucks County)

Yes I do believe if Ohat wins the seeds of Tyranny will be sowed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    I think they probably wouldn't have been able to keep a meal down for the past, oh, 147 years or so.

The Republicans only care about the 2nd Amendment (and half-heartedly at that), the Democrats care about a few more amendments, and neither cares about the 9th or 10th amendments, nor pretty much any other part of the Constitution besides the BoR.

The country's government was trashed a long time ago by a people who just didn't care about accepting the responsibilites or defending the rights written in the Constitution. A people who supported the government suspension of rights whenever politically convenient. The two party system has worked to eliminate principles from government and instead turn every right into a continuum of "reasonable restriction", always negotiable for the right price.

Every time another American votes for the "lesser of evils" in any election, he may as well turn the proverbial into the literal by pissing on the graves of the Founding Fathers. It's not the government that's broken, it's the people.
    what he said...
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast