Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Trump meeting with NRA to discuss banning ownership for terror watch list

Gun bans with no due process.

That was fast. Just heard it on the radio. Between the "never Trumps," Glen Beck, and Trump stepping on his dick, we're Hillary fucked. And the Second Amendment will be gone as far as we are concerned.

I'm certainly still voting for Trump but I fear these factors should seal the deal.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Trump meeting with NRA to discuss banning ownership for terror watch list

This is the one area where I still have reservations about Trump. It sounds as if he supports the expasion of the Police State with increased surveillance, and now this (pending confirmation). I am not down with some unelected bureaucrat deciding that my God-given Constitutionally confirmed rights are null and void...hell no.

What radio program or news did you hear this on?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Trump meeting with NRA to discuss banning ownership for terror watch list

Never thought I would hear myself say this, but I am holding out hope for Wikileaks. It is claimed that they have some really damning stuff. I believe that may be our last bastion of hope.

Be safe (and keep you fingers crossed).

Scott

Heres more info. Hopefully the font is the right size this time.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/15/trump-t...t-to-buy-guns/

Donald Trump said Wednesday he will meet with the nation’s most influential gun lobby “about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.”
    Trump made the comment on Twitter:
    “I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns,” he wrote.

His conservative critics quickly pounced.
    “This is a terrible idea and a flat-out cave by Donald Trump. You cannot deny constitutional rights to American citizens because the government is suspicious of you,” said conservative talk show host Erick Erickson.
    “We’re working on a response to that,” an NRA official said.
    Before entering the presidential race, Trump long favored restrictions on guns, including the assault weapons ban.
    But he has become a staunch defender of the Second Amendment.
    When Trump accepted the NRA’s endorsement last month, he told the gun group, “The Second Amendment is under a threat like never before. Crooked Hillary Clinton is the most anti-gun … candidate ever to run for office. And, as I said before, she wants to abolish the Second Amendment. She wants to take your guns away. She wants to abolish it.”

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Heres more info. Hopefully the font is the right size this time.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/15/trump-t...t-to-buy-guns/

Donald Trump said Wednesday he will meet with the nation’s most influential gun lobby “about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.”
    Trump made the comment on Twitter:
    “I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns,” he wrote.

His conservative critics quickly pounced.
    “This is a terrible idea and a flat-out cave by Donald Trump. You cannot deny constitutional rights to American citizens because the government is suspicious of you,” said conservative talk show host Erick Erickson.
    “We’re working on a response to that,” an NRA official said.
    Before entering the presidential race, Trump long favored restrictions on guns, including the assault weapons ban.
    But he has become a staunch defender of the Second Amendment.
    When Trump accepted the NRA’s endorsement last month, he told the gun group, “The Second Amendment is under a threat like never before. Crooked Hillary Clinton is the most anti-gun … candidate ever to run for office. And, as I said before, she wants to abolish the Second Amendment. She wants to take your guns away. She wants to abolish it.”
    So what is the solution to gun violence? Are we going to remove anyone that doesn't look or believe like us, even if they are citizens? How can we justify no action when the evil of Dylan Roof, Jared Loughner, and Omar Mateen are around us? You can't believe that it's okay for these murders to continue.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by robert slabaugh View Post
    So what is the solution to gun violence? Are we going to remove anyone that doesn't look or believe like us, even if they are citizens? How can we justify no action when the evil of Dylan Roof, Jared Loughner, and Omar Mateen are around us? You can't believe that it's okay for these murders to continue.
    What solution do YOU propose?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What solution do YOU propose?
    Unfortunately, these are the prices we pay to live in a free society.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

Legislated gun free zones should be abolished, and more people should carry and be ready and willing to defend themselves and their fellow man. The more good guys with guns - police, private citizen, I don't care - that are in a particular location, the harder that target becomes. It's impossible to stop these kinds of events from starting, but it's certainly possible to limit the damage. It's all about response time and level of force.

I think Florida has something like 1.3 million carry licenses at the moment. Not sure if that includes non-resident licenses, but let's assume a flat million for the sake of argument. That's 5% of the population. I've read estimates that around 300 people were in the nightclub at the time the shooting started. 5% of that would be 15. 15 armed individuals, not counting police or security, who could engage the threat. Those aren't good odds for a would-be terrorist or group of terrorists, which is why they almost always target gun free zones.

(Perry County)

Does everyone always jump to conclusions?

His tweet didn't say he supported it even though the NY Post headline did. Perhaps he's meeting with the NRA to find out why the NRA opposes it. Once they explain it to him, it may be that he agrees with them and is now armed with talking points to counter calls for this bad idea.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; June 15th, 2016 at 02:03 PM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

We don't have to believe it's OK. But we can accept that the cost of liberty is high. Our freedoms allow us to buy guns that some may misuse. Our freedoms prevent government from randomly searching houses to catch criminals. Our freedoms allow the most hateful of speech to go unprosecuted. Our freedoms sometimes allow the most heinous of killer to go free because they need not prove their innocence but the state must prove their guilt to a very high burden. Our freedoms allow us due process.

Freedom is not free and and every tragedy need not have a solution.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast