Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default PA Supreme Court Candidates 2015

There are three PA supreme court judgeships up for grabs this election. So far I haven’t seen anything on this website about the candidates and their position on gun rights. However the Firearms Owners Against Crime website A.K.A. FOAC does have several endorsements. Most are republican with one democrat. The website page is listed here. After you click on it click on your zone.
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

Here is another media website that has a small biography on each candidate and lists the groups that are endorsing them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/pol...s/201505310002

One may want to pay attention to the democrat that is being endorsed by the FOAC. The candidate is David Wecht. It should be noted that he is also endorsed by Senator Bob “I’m for the rights of hunters” Casey. This could be a sign that he is a potential weasel and traitor on 2nd amendment issues. If anyone else knows anything about the candidates now is the time to say something. Primary election is May 19. Now is the chance to stack the PA Supreme Court with pro-gun judges. Remember; go and vote, so you don’t have to tell the police that your gun that is no longer legal fell out of a boat.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: PA Supreme Court Candidates 2015

I noticed the Wecht endorsement by Casey also, thanks but no thanks Mr. Wecht. Question, which way does the Pa. Bar lean, left or right?

Thanks Eagleclaw.

(Bucks County)

being endorsed by casey ranks up there with being endorsed by Satan, in my view.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for posting OP. People should be as informed about the judges they vote for as they are for their legislators and exec branch positions.

(Lancaster County)

Judge Wecht submitted an excellent survey. I can assure you that if there were any question as to his integrity when it comes to second amendment issues, he would not be on the voters guide. Choices like this should not be decided by using demagoguery.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Judge Wecht submitted an excellent survey. I can assure you that if there were any question as to his integrity when it comes to second amendment issues, he would not be on the voters guide. Choices like this should not be decided by using demagoguery.
    Wasn't Casey pro second amendment also? Betcha Casey becomes pro 2nd this election cycle again. Where does Wecht stand on the rest of the issues.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    There are three PA supreme court judgeships up for grabs this election. So far I haven’t seen anything on this website about the candidates and their position on gun rights. However the Firearms Owners Against Crime website A.K.A. FOAC does have several endorsements. Most are republican with one democrat. The website page is listed here. After you click on it click on your zone.
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

Here is another media website that has a small biography on each candidate and lists the groups that are endorsing them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/pol...s/201505310002

One may want to pay attention to the democrat that is being endorsed by the FOAC. The candidate is David Wecht. It should be noted that he is also endorsed by Senator Bob “I’m for the rights of hunters” Casey. This could be a sign that he is a potential weasel and traitor on 2nd amendment issues. If anyone else knows anything about the candidates now is the time to say something. Primary election is May 19. Now is the chance to stack the PA Supreme Court with pro-gun judges. Remember; go and vote, so you don’t have to tell the police that your gun that is no longer legal fell out of a boat.
    It looks like the candidates are Mike George, Anne Covey and Judy Olson. Stevens is also suitable but he will sixty nine in November and apparently PA supreme court justices must retire at age seventy. Allen is a democrat who changed to a republican in order to increase her chances of winning an election. Warren has never been a judge.

(Lancaster County)

Anne Covey was at the rally yesterday and has been attending many second amendment events. She has been well vetted and is a wonderful candidate and a true pleasure to speak with. She NEEDS to be on that court!

Thanks for sharing this!

I trust this organization and will definitely reference it while I'm making my voting choices.

Getting judges who aren't raging anti-gun libs should be a big priority for us since so many laws affecting gun owners are being judged and tested in courts recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    It looks like the candidates are Mike George, Anne Covey and Judy Olson. Stevens is also suitable but he will sixty nine in November and apparently PA supreme court justices must retire at age seventy. Allen is a democrat who changed to a republican in order to increase her chances of winning an election. Warren has never been a judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Anne Covey was at the rally yesterday and has been attending many second amendment events. She has been well vetted and is a wonderful candidate and a true pleasure to speak with. She NEEDS to be on that court!
    Valuable info to know. I can't trust Allen if she's a Dem at heart and good to know about the pending retirement. We need reliable judges who can help us for the long haul. I'll have to do some digging on Warren.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast