Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Experiences with Permitium for LTCF?

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Unfortunately. Such a question should be considered constituent services
    I understand the reasoning behind it and don't disagree with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Is there an extra fee for using this service?
    From what the guys have said, it sounds like it's a $5 fee for that service.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind it and don't disagree with it.

From what the guys have said, it sounds like it's a $5 fee for that service.
    Sounds like a violation of state law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of garbage

I enjoy the current process. Walk in, check firearm, pay $20, get photo taken, wait for laminating machine to heat up, thank the Sheriff office worker when she hands me my new LTCF, pick up firearm, walk out the door.

No need to put any more than 25˘ in the parking meter

MANY MANY counties should take lessons from such a friendly experience
    I agree. I just renewed mine at the Levittown office in Bucks. Walked in with my completed form, driver's license and $20 at 10:30 and was back on the road at 10:45 with my license. Two others were there ahead of me. One of them was a first timer who commented on the way out how easy it was. The staff were very courteous and cheerful.

As long as we have to get the license, this should be the standard.

(Lancaster County)

Apparently Bucks County went off the rails

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...66#post4597966

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Bucks County is now asking for two recent utility bills and will not accept your driver's license if it was updated less than 6 months ago. No update cards are accepted and must be actual driver's license bearing address in Bucks County. They also are stating that the references may not live with you or be related to you per their website. I recently moved to Bucks County but my LTCF is expiring soon. I rent and only have a lease to prove residency. These extra requirements are not supported by statute. I expect this in Philadelphia not Bucks.
    I also just recently renewed my LTCF online, back in December, with Lancaster County. Don't recall the name of the processor off hand though. Was an easy and fast process, too include scheduling my appt to pick it up. Recieved my approval in less than an hour. Fee was $5.00 too do it online with a credit card, but I still could have done it by dropping the paperwork off with my $20.00. Update: Looked on my receipt and it was processed by Permitium, LLC
    Last edited by PASE717; March 17th, 2022 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Update info
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, if there's no other option to apply in person, or by mail, that's a crock of shit.

So much for the entire state having a uniform process and application.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PASE717 View Post
    Apparently Bucks County went off the rails

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...66#post4597966

I also just recently renewed my LTCF online, back in December, with Lancaster County. Don't recall the name of the processor off hand though. Was an easy and fast process, too include scheduling my appt to pick it up. Recieved my approval in less than an hour. Fee was $5.00 too do it online with a credit card, but I still could have done it by dropping the paperwork off with my $20.00. Update: Looked on my receipt and it was processed by Permitium, LLC
    Must be relatively new (within the last year). I just checked the website, and sure enough…

https://lancasterpa.permitium.com/ccw/start

(Philadelphia County)

It was $25, I forget the LTCF cost off the top of my head

PickingPA Guest

My State Rep knew nothing about it. I voiced some of the concerns and he agreed. He said he’d touch base with the county sheriff and ask about it. The Sheriff is a solid 2A guy

I agree. I like that counties are streamlining the process. $5 seems reasonable to me. However, while I understand that technology has changed since the codes were written and the price of things have changed; the law still specifies the amount to be charge to get a ltcf. Unless the state legislature changes the law, I think counties are violating the law by charging $25 with the added $5 convenience fee. At the least they should offer the traditional method at $20 unless the law is changed.

Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application. If the sheriff refuses to issue a license, the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons. The notice shall be sent by certified mail to the applicant at the address set forth in the application.
    (h) Fee.--
    (1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:
    (i) A renewal notice processing fee of $1.50.
    (ii) An administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the act of July 6, 1984 (P.L.614, No.127), known as the Sheriff Fee Act.
    (2) (Expired).
    (3) An additional fee of $1 shall be paid by the applicant for a license to carry a firearm and shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License Validation System Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. The account shall be used for purposes under subsection (l). Moneys credited to the account and any investment income accrued are hereby appropriated on a continuing basis to the Pennsylvania State Police.
    (4) No fee other than that provided by this subsection or the Sheriff Fee Act may be assessed by the sheriff for the performance of any background check made pursuant to this act.
    (5) The fee is payable to the sheriff to whom the application is submitted and is payable at the time of application for the license.
    (6) Except for the administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the Sheriff Fee Act, all other fees shall be refunded if the application is denied but shall not be refunded if a license is issued and subsequently revoked.
    (7) A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.

What about the counties that refuse to issue an LTCF to non-residents?

Rick

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast