Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Just need to vent about this guy at the range.

Went to my sportsmans club today with my Girlfriend and my buddy from my FFL to tinker around with our ARs.

We went and shot at the rifle range no problem and when we went to the pistol range there was this old-timer there who had set up his own backstop out of a pallet and was shooting his rifle off the porch of the club house. Both of which are not allowed and dangerous as all hell since there were contractors working in the club house who aren't really gun guys. I tell him he needs to cut that out against club rules unsafe you need a backstop whatever. He packs up and then comes to join us at the pistol range.

Here he proceeds to turn into the Safety NAZI because I called him out for not shooting into a proper backstop. He starts screaming that "general safety rules so when someone is down range all firearms are open and on the bench" basically bitching at my holstered Sig P320 as I went to hang targets. He then goes on to scream at the top of his lungs at my girlfriend because she was loading magazines on the tailgate of my truck that was 10 yards from any of the firearms; "range etiquette do not handle any ammunition when someone is down range".

This last transgression is what really boiled my blood. We were shooting a suppressed 300blk pistol with subsonics that my buddy brought from the shop. We called hot range and said we were firing suppressed so ears weren't necessary. We get about 6 rounds out of the magazine and this guy screams handling and fires off a full 30 round mag with his bumpski. We just packed up and left.

Part of me wants to call one of the officers and part of me just wants to let it go.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Just need to vent about this guy at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    Went to my sportsmans club today with my Girlfriend and my buddy from my FFL to tinker around with our ARs.

We went and shot at the rifle range no problem and when we went to the pistol range there was this old-timer there who had set up his own backstop out of a pallet and was shooting his rifle off the porch of the club house. Both of which are not allowed and dangerous as all hell since there were contractors working in the club house who aren't really gun guys. I tell him he needs to cut that out against club rules unsafe you need a backstop whatever. He packs up and then comes to join us at the pistol range.

Here he proceeds to turn into the Safety NAZI because I called him out for not shooting into a proper backstop. He starts screaming that "general safety rules so when someone is down range all firearms are open and on the bench" basically bitching at my holstered Sig P320 as I went to hang targets. He then goes on to scream at the top of his lungs at my girlfriend because she was loading magazines on the tailgate of my truck that was 10 yards from any of the firearms; "range etiquette do not handle any ammunition when someone is down range".

This last transgression is what really boiled my blood. We were shooting a suppressed 300blk pistol with subsonics that my buddy brought from the shop. We called hot range and said we were firing suppressed so ears weren't necessary. We get about 6 rounds out of the magazine and this guy screams handling and fires off a full 30 round mag with his bumpski. We just packed up and left.

Part of me wants to call one of the officers and part of me just wants to let it go.
    Next time a video of his behavior would save you some problems. You embarrassed him so he had a tantrum and was teaching you he was king. I would have left earlier and reported the behavior rather then play games with someone with anger management issues.

(Northampton County)

Report the duesh to the proper people so he doesn't ruin another persons day.

(Montgomery County)

We are often in the company of lunatics. Best to distance oneself from them even if it means a bit of inconvenience. Crazies with guns are dangerous. Keep your distance and that way of things get out of hand the witnesses will report that ypi tried to evade a confrontation.

Bump firing is for girly men with cankles .
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Next time a video of his behavior would save you some problems. You embarrassed him so he had a tantrum and was teaching you he was king. I would have left earlier and reported the behavior rather then play games with someone with anger management issues.
    Didn't get a chance for video. I did however get several pictures of his "backstop"

(Mercer County)

Did you get pictures of him as well?
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

Kind of sounds like the typical "respect your elders" attitude most older people seem to have. They can do no wrong, and are always right. Happens to me all the time, I've learned to just walk away or avoid any type of situation. It never ends well.

(Wayne County)

Could he be one of the board members? We had a asshat like that over in PRNJ, real do as I say, not as I do kind of a-hole.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    Bump firing is for girly men with cankles .
    Whats a cankle?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast