Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Custom Holsters and price?

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there are any places that will make a holster for a Taurus 24/7 OSS .45? It's gotta be a level 2 duty belt holster with either a strap, snap, lock, or some kinda other retention method like that. Is there anyone in PA, or near, that will make these?

(York County)

Default Re: Custom Holsters and price?

Update:

just found an Uncle Mikes holster that fits the 24/7 OSS 45. It's just a standard/universal large auto #5 and fits pretty snug but the thumb break strap had to be adjusted a lot. Also the Bianchi Accumold 7500 18824 will fit it but I'm not sure if you can adjust the strap. In case anyone else wanted one, but it looks like there is not too many Taurus fans out there. Kind of a shame since their quality has improved a lot, IMO. Pretty decent holster for $30, found at Freedom Armory. The Bianchi was about $50 at Atlantic Tactical.

(Northampton County)

Call Rob at Simply Rugged. (907)357-6521 He may be able to help you. If he can,it will be a quality handmade holster,that fits the gun like a glove,for about 80.00$ delivered to your front door.

IMO...Uncle Mikes holsters are cheap junk. I would return it & put the money toward a quality holster.

I have a Simply Rugged for my Ruger Redhawk & really like it.
    Last edited by reverserboy; May 23rd, 2009 at 12:14 AM.

(York County)

reverserboy, I took your advice. Called him up and he said he could make one for me for $65, $75 total with s&h. Seems pretty reasonable for a custom leather holster. Hope it fits when it gets to the door. I never thought I would have to find a holster that's all the way up in Alaska! But, I guess that's what I get for having a gun that just came out and there are still absolutely no accessories for it.

Will update when I receive the holster.

(Northampton County)

reverserboy, I took your advice.
    GOOD. You just boosted my ego.

Hope it fits when it gets to the door.
    It will. If you poke around the web...you won't find anyone with anything bad to say about Rob's product. I think you'll like it. AND you'll have a quality piece of leather.

Come to one of our meet & greets & wear your Simply Rugged holster.

(Lancaster County)

How does he size the holster? Does he have one of every gun at his availability? Im not being rude, Im just wondering?

(Northampton County)

How does he size the holster? Does he have one of every gun at his availability? Im not being rude, Im just wondering?
    Good question. I don't know. Call Rob at (907)357-6521 & ask him. It may be a trade secret...I'm not sure.

(Dauphin County)

It may be too long of a slide for the OSS, but my 24/7 PRO .45 fits in a Safariland SLS holster for a Glock 21 nice and snug with a little finesse of the tension screw.

$80 at Atlantic Tactical.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    It may be too long of a slide for the OSS, but my 24/7 PRO .45 fits in a Safariland SLS holster for a Glock 21 nice and snug with a little finesse of the tension screw.

$80 at Atlantic Tactical.
    The OSS must be slightly different. It is not just a 24/7 pro with an extended barrel. I know this, I have tried holsters that said they fit different 24/7 models and my OSS .45 would not even fit in or it would but then the strap/ thumb break would be too short to latch. So it must be a different design all together, even though it looks like it's the same.

As for how he sizes the holster, I have no clue. That's the only thing I am a little concerned about. Hopefully he would go to a gun store or he has them to make sure they will fit. Just gonna have to wait and see.

Thumbs up Re: Custom Holsters and price?

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    reverserboy, I took your advice. Called him up and he said he could make one for me for $65, $75 total with s&h. Seems pretty reasonable for a custom leather holster. Hope it fits when it gets to the door. I never thought I would have to find a holster that's all the way up in Alaska! But, I guess that's what I get for having a gun that just came out and there are still absolutely no accessories for it.

Will update when I receive the holster.
    Good deal. I've been impressed with the Simply Rugged products that I've seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast