Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default OC'ing at the voting station.

I was wondering if the law is different in any way when voting for judges and local officials? About being armed that is. I imagine we are still within our rights to be armed while voting this time around as well?

They moved my voting station to another location to combine with another area, so it's going to be a little more crowded ( i can only hope, go and vote people), so the chances of a bad encounter are slightly more likely. I hope its the same constable as she was real cool last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: OC'ing at the voting station.

So long as the voting station isn't in one of the prohibited places, it wouldn't matter.

(Allegheny County)

My voting place is in a Pre-K and kindergarten school so I am not sure if I want to OC when I go and vote. If it were in any other place I definitively would. What are your thoughts?
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Bucks County)

In my case...the voting place is a school...

This might help

§ 912. Possession of weapon on school property.

1. Definition. -- Notwithstanding the definition of "weapon" in section 907 (relating to possessing instruments of crime), "weapon" for purposes of this section shall include but not be limited to any knife, cutting instrument, cutting tool, nun-chuck stick, firearm, shotgun, rifle and any other tool, instrument or implement capable of inflicting serious bodily injury.
    2. Offense defined. -- A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a weapon in the buildings of, on the grounds of, or in any conveyance providing transportation to or from any elementary or secondary publicly-funded educational institution, any elementary or secondary private school licensed by the Department of Education or any elementary or secondary parochial school.
    3. Defense. -- It shall be a defense that the weapon is possessed and used in conjunction with a lawful supervised school activity or course or is possessed for other lawful purpose.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Himni View Post
    My voting place is in a Pre-K and kindergarten school so I am not sure if I want to OC when I go and vote. If it were in any other place I definitively would. What are your thoughts?
    Dont do it. K-12 is "prohibited".
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Mine is at a firehouse so I'm good to go.

The question is...would going to vote fall under "is possessed for other lawful purpose"? I'm not going to find out, I have to vote at a school today and I'm going unarmed. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Philadelphia County)

Okay, time to take the "anti-OC" position here. For the most part, I'm all for OC, but I really don't get doing it at polling places. It just seems there are way too many potential scenarios where some anti could spin it as "voter intimidation" and use it as propaganda against OC generally. If you don't have an LTCF, that's one thing, but I'm presuming most people who OC do hold a license and could tuck their iron away before they went to vote.

Flame away.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    It just seems there are way too many potential scenarios where some anti could spin it as "voter intimidation" and use it as propaganda against OC generally.

Flame away.
    It's only intimidation because they chose to see it that way, instead of "that's just another man/woman voting"

Voting is the number 1 most patriotic thing you can do. Fallowed closely behind standing up for your rights. One of those rights is to bare arms. If I saw a man OC at a poll station I would view it as patriotic, not intimidation. Then again most people who would see it like that are oblivious to what being an american is all about.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast