Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default 5 Arrested for random assualts and robbery

http://www.wnep.com/global/story.asp?s=8429433

Good reason to carry more then 1 mag regardless of where you go. These 5 morons went around and beat up 2 people and then robbed a pair of 16 year old girls in several different locations.

ive men are behind bars, accused of several armed robberies in Northumberland County.

The crime spree started Tuesday night in Shamokin and spread from there. Police said the accused targeted innocent people to assault and rob.

The men, who range in age from 19 to 24 years old, are from the Allentown area. They are now locked up in the Northumberland County jail.

Officers said they are the ones responsible for three armed robberies that started late Tuesday night and stretched into the early morning hours of Wednesday.

The five men are charged with robbery, assault and other serious crimes.

"I'm innocent. I didn't do nothing," said accused robber Engel Vargas. "I was in the apartment. I didn't do nothing." When asked what his involvement was, Vargas added, "All I did was give them a ride. That's all I did." He denied holding a gun.

Police said Vargas is the man who provided the car Tuesday night, that he and the other men started in Shamokin around 10 p.m. when they found a 57-year-old man smoking a cigarette along the street.

The man on the street said it was very scary, that the men pointed a gun at him, beat him up, punching and kicking him. After five minutes of harassing him along the street, he said they left without any money.

Police said then the suspects drove a few miles to a car wash in Mount Carmel Township. There they are accused of pointing a gun at a man, roughing him up and trying to get money.

They soon left the car wash.

Investigators said eventually the men went to the Turkey Hill store in Mount Carmel, around 11 p.m.

Police said they tried to get gas but were denied because they wouldn't pay first. Authorities allege the men drove around the back of the store and held up two 16 year olds, stealing a purse from one before taking off.

They were captured 22 miles away in Schuylkill Haven.

"Hope they lock them up for a good while," said Bob Voeckler of Mount Carmel. He is one of many people glad the men were captured. "I don't know why they picked Mount Carmel but I'm sure they wished they wouldn't have."

Police said the case is complicated because some of the men don't speak English and didn't have any identification on them when they were arrested.

Officers are still working to file charges in Shamokin and Mount Carmel Township.

No one was seriously injured
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 5 Arrested for random assualts and robbery

Not all immigrants are bad......................had they come to Hamburg last night looking for fun and happened upon me they would have received a warm welcome from my Italian and German associates.............Beretta 92 and/or Sig 225

(Chester County)

Default Re: 5 Arrested for random assualts and robbery

This is one situation where these five morons are lucky they didn't come upon an armed citizen. Any one would have been justified in that shoot.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!