Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Colt SAA clone in .22lr

Well,
    As much as i like my ruger single six, i would love to get a .22 revolver that has the exact same feel as the SAA/vaquero. Does anyone make one thats about on par value wise with the single six?
    Semper Fi

Default Re: Colt SAA clone in .22lr

Not that I'm aware of. Overshoot & undershoot=yes, but not right at the same price point as a Ruger Single Six.

Colt made the Peacemaker and the Scout in the 1970s, some were convertible between 22 LR & 22 Magnum. Functionally they're equivalent to the Ruger Single Six, but they retained the original single action design. Ruger's cylinder bolt retracts when the loading gate is opened, the Colt doesn't (as per the original design). The Peacemaker had a casehardened steel frame, I think the Scout has a non-ferrous frame.

I prefer steel frames, so that weeds a lot of SAA clones out for me, like the Scout, Heritage and a few others.

Colt Peacemakers and Scouts are out of production but still appear regularly on Gun Broker. Unfortunately Colts aren't cheap. The steel frame Ruger Single Six is a tough price mark to beat, especially when Ruger offered it in stainless steel.

If you're on a tight budget, there's a company called Heritage that makes SAA clones in 22. We'll need a member who has a Heritage to chime in with details.
    ROUGH RIDER COMBOS (22 Long Rifle and 22 Magnum).
    Born of the Traditions of the Old West, the Rough Rider maintains much of the look and feel of the Legendary Single Action Army Revolver, only in a scaled down version. Chambered for the .22 LR and .22 Magnum cartridges the Rough Rider is manufactured using state-of-the-art-precision machinery that assures its accuracy and reliability. The cylinder lock up is tight and the perfect timing of the action makes for a handgun that will put its shots where you want 'em.

The machined barrel is micro-threaded, and inserted into the frame for the optimal barrel/cylinder gap to give you maximum ammunition performance. A hammer block in the recoil shield provides extra protection and has a red dot indicator that lets you know when the gun is ready for action. A new authentic looking flat-sided hammer paired with new exotic cocobolo grips, makes this Rough Rider both functional and handsome. There are other grip materials available. For instance our Brilliant White Mother of Pearl and Elegant Black Mother of Pearl or Green Camo Laminate grips. Additional finish options include the attractive and durable Smooth Silver Satin and the deep matt black, low gloss Black Satin or Case Hardened Finish.

Ideal for hunting, plinking or western action shooting. Let the Rough Rider be your choice in a new rimfire revolver

PROUDLY MADE IN OUR USA.
    www.heritagemfg.com
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Default Re: Colt SAA clone in .22lr

I'm not an owner, but I've fired a couple Rough Riders. They seem to shoot pretty well. Their owners haven't mentioned any problems in several thousand rounds. The Single Six has a much more "solid" feel than the Heritage and that's probably the reason I haven't purchased one.

Other than the couple guys I know who have one, I never see them except at gun shows. According to ATF records Heritage makes ~32k .22 revolvers a year. Ruger makes ~13k .22 revolvers/year. You'd think it would be easier to find an RR owner than an SS owner.