Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Video Game: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/5..._3_Review.html

...Summoning a persona is something that is sure to cause Jack Thompson's eyes to twitch. It involves pulling a gun to one's temple and -- kablammy -- out comes Mr. Persona, ready to rumble, giving new meaning to the phrase "using one's head." On the plus side, you won't see your character's gooey bits oozing out of his or her skull. It’s more like shards of glass, so it's a lot less violent than it could have been. This is just one of many interesting animations that livens up combat and gives characters a sense of personality, even if it's a deranged personality....

I don't even know where to start on this one.

Do we really need to let Emo kids think that if they put their magic gun to their head that magic will come out?

And be sure to watch the video of the review on that page so you can see the clips from the game itself.

Eric
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
    Nagant M44 carbine 7.62X54R / WASR-10 7.62X39
    Nagant 1875 Revolver 7.62 Nagant / CZ 52 Semi-Auto 7.62x25

2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 custom -1976 Kawasaki KZ400 (project)

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Video Game: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

That looks pretty lame actually.

Why waste your time with that silly game, when soon you'll able to grab this dude by the neck, put the gun in his mouth and press the trigger?

AhH! The Glory of DirectX10!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDragon View Post
    http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/5..._3_Review.html

...Summoning a persona is something that is sure to cause Jack Thompson's eyes to twitch. It involves pulling a gun to one's temple and -- kablammy -- out comes Mr. Persona, ready to rumble, giving new meaning to the phrase "using one's head." On the plus side, you won't see your character's gooey bits oozing out of his or her skull. It’s more like shards of glass, so it's a lot less violent than it could have been. This is just one of many interesting animations that livens up combat and gives characters a sense of personality, even if it's a deranged personality....

I don't even know where to start on this one.

Do we really need to let Emo kids think that if they put their magic gun to their head that magic will come out?
    And be sure to watch the video of the review on that page so you can see the clips from the game itself.

Eric
    Do you really think video games have that kind of affect on kids?

It might affect kids who already have very unstable mental problems, but there's no way it would affect normal kids. Kids shouldn't be getting games like this anyway, but you know the stores don't care and more importantly, the parents don't care.

I've been playing video games since the original Nintendo system, if not before. That was around 1987 or so. I'm now 27 and still play video games quite regularly. That's 20 years, give or take a few since I'm not 100% sure when I got the NES, and I'm not out there shooting people (nor do I want to) and I don't want to kill myself.

Hell, the most trouble I've been in with the law is 2 or 3 speeding tickets, so if anything, it's the racing games we should be having issues with!

Why is this thread even in the pistols forum anyway?

(Washington County)

I think these games don't cause violence, but they do something that might be just as bed, desensitize us to that violence. Trust me, Im an avid gamer, and own tons of games... but I cant get along with some of the gory things out there today. Used to... but not now.

If I'm shooting up a hoard of demons, its a different story, but make it a bunch of humans, and I get a bit like "was that necessary?" when the gore level steps up to what modern game physics and gpu's can pump out.