Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Arrested For What?

I posted this in the gun show section, but I don't think it got much exposure.
    While at the Allentown Forks of the Delaware gun show, several announcements were made. One of them stated anyone selling any gun in the parking lot would be arrested and charged by the Allentown police. The announcements cannot be heard outside and I didn't see any signs stating this. I believe this is private property. Is there a local ordinance? Trespassing seems like a stretch. They don't want to miss out on the entry fee?
    I would like to know just what the person would be charged with.
    Any ideas?
    The question is, will you be on your feet or your knees?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Arrested For What?

Trespassing is a possibility if you use private property without license or privilege.

The only other thing else is maybe conspiracy if they mutually agree to do an unlawful transfer of a "firearm". Then the "firearm" could be subject to seizure as contraband.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Probably a local ordinance involving solicitation without a permit. I would guess the sellers inside the show paid some sort of fee to be able to peddle their wares at the gun show..... this way it would prevent someone from setting up shop in the parking lot to avoid buying a table inside.

(Northampton County)

Unlawful would be unlawful done inside or the lot. I'm just thinking about times when someone may meet a person for a FTF exchange in a public lot. I'm sure some here may have done this and I'll bet they didn't ask management if it was OK.
    I can't get up there Sunday but if someone who goes to the show would ask for the specific charge from a board member or APD officer. I would like to hear their response.

(Lehigh County)

the fairgrounds and all buildings are owned by the fairgrounds association. everything on it is private property. there is a market there and some of the people who go shopping every week (with kids) for food and such do not want to see gun deals going on in the parking lot. they complain to the regular food stand vendors who in turn complain to the management of the fair grounds association, who in turn try to prohibit gun sales in the parking lot. there are people there every show who sit outside and try to sell rifles. they are too cheap to get a table or even pay the $7 admission to walk around inside. it would be like people sitting in cableas parking lot trying to sell rifles. how long do you think that would last?

People bluff even when they aren't playing poker.

I'm chalking this up as all bark and no bite.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Northampton County)

Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with selling taking place at a gun show parking lot. I agree that this is something the sheeple would get offended by seeing and complain about. Certainly don't need any more negative publicity toward gun shows. My question was what the charges would be. The reply about all bark and bluff seems like the best answer so far.

(Lancaster County)

I wouldn't test a law enforcement officer If I were you. Serious consequences could(will) occur.
    You wouldn't want to incite the wrath of the police state would you?
    Gott mit uns

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo1012 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with selling taking place at a gun show parking lot. I agree that this is something the sheeple would get offended by seeing and complain about. Certainly don't need any more negative publicity toward gun shows. My question was what the charges would be. The reply about all bark and bluff seems like the best answer so far.
    Again... most likely a local ordinance concerning mercantile tax or solicitation permits.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Again... most likely a local ordinance concerning mercantile tax or solicitation permits.
    And such a violation justifies an "arrest" vs. a "citation"?

I'm assuming there's some legal standard as to what level of offense can actually trigger an "arrest", other than someone arbitrarily saying "you'll be arrested for that".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast