Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I need your insight

Hi all. I need some advice/insight. I was falsely accused of brandishing a firearm and threatening someone with it today on a construction site. The police were called and they calmly questioned me about the accusations. The officer got my side of the story then asked me if I did in fact have a pistol. I said "absolutely. It's in my truck". He asked where in my truck it was. I told him it was in the center console. He said "I assume you have a license?" "Yes sir, I do. Would you like to see it?" "No." "Do you want to see the gun?" "No, you clearly didn't do anything wrong. Have a nice day." "Yes sir, you too." I asked him for an incident report number which he gave to me. Then we shook hands and he left.
    So my question is, will an incident report on file with the police stating that I was accused (albeit completely falsely) of brandishing a weapon and threatening someone cause them to revoke my LTCF? I'm trying to get out in front of any possible legal repercussions from this nonsense.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: I need your insight

I'm not an LEO or a lawyer. To my knowledge your name will not appear in anything other than the responding officers note book or perhaps a contact card if that department uses them. Basically it goes down as, "we came, we saw. nothing here to worry about, case closed".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I'm not an LEO or a lawyer. To my knowledge your name will not appear in anything other than the responding officers note book or perhaps a contact card if that department uses them. Basically it goes down as, "we came, we saw. nothing here to worry about, case closed".
    That's exactly what I thought, but he did give an incident report # so that I can get a copy of it. So obviously, an official report will go on file. My fear is that it will go in a LE database.

(Chester County)

IANAL...

First... There is no "brandishing" law in PA. However there is a catch all "disorderly conduct" police like to use for alot of things.

You weren't arrested. You weren't charged. So far there is nothing to warrant revoking your license but.... If the sheriff thinks that your character is such that you shouldn't have a LTCF... then you've got problems.

I gotta admit though that when I first read,
    The officer got my side of the story then asked me if I did in fact have a pistol. I said "absolutely. It's in my truck".
    I thought you were going to be in big trouble.

Someone with alot more knowlege than I can help you better. I dunno what else to say.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

I gotta admit though that when I first read,

I thought you were going to be in big trouble.
    Why would this get me in trouble? I was actually sitting in my truck talking to an employee when the officer pulled up next to me. Not having any idea why he was there, I stepped out to see how I could help him. That's when the conversation took place. The gun was in my truck because I had been sitting in it moments before. When I'm in the truck, the gun rides in the console.
    Last edited by yetidave; June 6th, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

(Chester County)

Watch this....

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/031408_DontTalktoPolice.wmv

We haven't been told the "whole story" here but my gut reaction was that you were in deep doo doo.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    You will be fine, however I think the ass hat who called should be charged with filing a false report/claim. When people do that type of shit they take an officer off of the street when he/she could be used else where.
    Last edited by knighthawk06699; June 6th, 2008 at 07:23 PM.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    You will be fine, however I think the ass hat who called she be charged with filing a false report/claim. When people do that type of shit they take an officer off of the street when he/she could be used else where.
    I couldn't agree more. This particular ass hat was using the police as a tool to remove me from a job site because he couldn't legally do so. He was willing to lie to the police and put everyone on the job sites lives at risk, all to make me go away.
    I'm acting as a subcontractor on this job. The general contractor is from out of town and I didn't find out what a scumbag he is until after the job started. If I had walked off the job at that point I'd be breaking our contract, so instead I left my men there and was there everyday myself documenting the project completely. The scumbag knows my fanatical documentation is going to bury him in court when we inevitably get there as he has made it clear he no intention of paying us. Today he was hell bent on getting me off the job site at all costs.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by yetidave View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This particular ass hat was using the police as a tool to remove me from a job site because he couldn't legally do so. He was willing to lie to the police and put everyone on the job sites lives at risk, all to make me go away.
    I'm acting as a subcontractor on this job. The general contractor is from out of town and I didn't find out what a scumbag he is until after the job started. If I had walked off the job at that point I'd be breaking our contract, so instead I left my men there and was there everyday myself documenting the project completely. The scumbag knows my fanatical documentation is going to bury him in court when we inevitably get there as he has made it clear he no intention of paying us. Today he was hell bent on getting me off the job site at all costs.
    Sounds like some one was doing the budget and realized that in order to pay you it would cut into his profit margin. So he figures if he makes you look like a criminal he could claim you breeched the contract and not have to pay you. Since you look like a criminal no one would argue that. Keep your eye on this guy I have not met him and already my Spidey senses are tingling.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Sounds like some one was doing the budget and realized that in order to pay you it would cut into his profit margin. So he figures if he makes you look like a criminal he could claim you breeched the contract and not have to pay you. Since you look like a criminal no one would argue that. Keep your eye on this guy I have not met him and already my Spidey senses are tingling.
    Trust me, my radar has been up since the day I met him. He took the job before the materials markets skyrocketed and now he's getting murdered on materials. He's got a huge financial problem and he's trying to make it everyone else's problem instead. I ain't that guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast