Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Wilderness Original Instructor Belt

I'm thinking about getting the 1.5" belt with CSM insert version. I normally use leather but I want a belt that is easier to adjust. Sometimes I have to decide if I want a slightly loose or slightly tight fit with a leather belt. I typically carry a glock 30s about 95% of the time I carry, but would like something sturdy enough to carry a government sized 1911 or sig p229 in OWB belts.

What are your thoughts/opinions on this belt? Thank you for your input.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Wilderness Original Instructor Belt

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I'm thinking about getting the 1.5" belt with CSM insert version. I normally use leather but I want a belt that is easier to adjust. Sometimes I have to decide if I want a slightly loose or slightly tight fit with a leather belt. I typically carry a glock 30s about 95% of the time I carry, but would like something sturdy enough to carry a government sized 1911 or sig p229 in OWB belts.

What are your thoughts/opinions on this belt? Thank you for your input.
    I wear this on a daily basis. I actually own two, one black, one tan. very comfortable, durable, worth the money.

(Mercer County)

I use and have used the Instructors Wilderness Belt in the the 5 stich 1.75 width when wearing blue jeans for the last 15 years or so. It has no problem supporting my Delta Elites, 1006 Smiths, or N-frames.

I find the 5 stich verision to be rigid enough for my EDC carry needs. If looking to turn it into a batman belt or mall ninja belt get the CSM insert to hang 5 or 6 handgun, 20 magazines or so, lights, cameras, wasp, etc.

All kidding aside I think you will like the 5 stich verision and find the one with the CSM doen't have enough give to be comfortable for day to day wear.
    Last edited by MOUNTAINORACLE; March 30th, 2015 at 09:26 AM.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lebanon County)

Thanks for the reminder, yea, mine is also sans insert, the standard is more than stiff and sturdy enough.

I wear a Wilderness Instructor belt, five stitch, as my everyday belt and dress belt. The ability to make the necessary adjustments to my belt surpasses a conventional belt and buckle. There have been no problems with the belt supporting a S&W Model 625 Mountain Gun, which is about the heaviest gun I put on, but not frequently. I generally carry a Kahr CW9 and hardly notice it.

I am sold on the Wilderness Instructor belt. I have ordered mine from Dillon Precision and the catalogs are a side benefit.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I wear this on a daily basis. I actually own two, one black, one tan. very comfortable, durable, worth the money.
    Me too. One black & one tan. I've been wearing them every day for maybe three or four years.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Erie County)

The CSM is great for OWB with heavy guns. I use the 5 stitch for IWB. I like and use both.

(Chester County)

First, I greatly appreciate everybody's input! Thank you!

Regarding the CSM, does it seem comfortable even when carrying IWB? I have a double duty 5.11 belt with 5 rows of stitching. It's sturdy, but not as sturdy as my leather Jake Belt by Theis Holsters.