Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Taurus PT111 and 24/7

So tomorrow I am most likely going to be getting my carry gun. Unless something seems to fit me better at the gun shop, I have pretty much decided on either a PT111 or 24/7 in 9mm...I like the size of the PT111 but have seen that the 24/7 with the 4" barrel isn't really all that much bigger (on paper at least). It works out to be about 1 inch longer and about 1/8 inch wider...of course it does weigh a little more. Anyway...my actual questions here are:

1) Anyone out there have either of these guns for any length of time and have anything good or bad to say about them? I am looking to hear how well they stand up to use, how reliable, etc.

2) Anyone that specifically owns the PT111 and can give me an idea on accuracy? It's a carry gun and as such I realize it is not meant to be super accurate for target shooting. I would like to be able to hit paper plates from about 25 or 30 feet with it...possible with this gun?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Taurus PT111 and 24/7

I have the blued PT111 that I use as my carry gun everyday. I love the thing. The only thing I would do differently would be to get the stainless version, as the blued version tends to show wear on the slide.

Of course, YMMV.

Just my .02

(Wayne County)

Ed....how is the accuracy on it? And something else I thought about...how was getting a holster? Any problems there?

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Taurus PT111 and 24/7

I have a pt145 and i love it. It has very good accuracy, its size is great for concealed carry and it is 100 percent reliable. I trust it with my life. Since the two guns are in the same family i would expecy similar results with the pt 111

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    Ed....how is the accuracy on it? And something else I thought about...how was getting a holster? Any problems there?
    It is pretty accurate once you get used to the Heine (sp?) sights. I have an uncle mikes IWB and an uncle mikes OWB holster for it. I think I spent under 40 for both holsters at my local sporting good store.

(Berks County)

So tomorrow I am most likely going to be getting my carry gun. Unless something seems to fit me better at the gun shop, I have pretty much decided on either a PT111 or 24/7 in 9mm...I like the size of the PT111 but have seen that the 24/7 with the 4" barrel isn't really all that much bigger (on paper at least). It works out to be about 1 inch longer and about 1/8 inch wider...of course it does weigh a little more. Anyway...my actual questions here are:

1) Anyone out there have either of these guns for any length of time and have anything good or bad to say about them? I am looking to hear how well they stand up to use, how reliable, etc.

2) Anyone that specifically owns the PT111 and can give me an idea on accuracy? It's a carry gun and as such I realize it is not meant to be super accurate for target shooting. I would like to be able to hit paper plates from about 25 or 30 feet with it...possible with this gun?

Try reading at www.taurusarmed.net The entire site is dedicated to taurus firearms and has sections for each series of pistol and rifle. Probably the best source of info on taurus firearms out there since its almost entirely taurus owners.

(Allegheny County)

That's a good point.... with the taurusarmed.net.

They use the slang "mil pro" over there when they're talking about the pt111 and the others in the millenium pro series.

I'm sorry if that's obvious to you... I had a hard time figuring that out at first. ;-)

On the holsters: the IWB is an Uncle Mike's size 16.
    The OWB is an Uncle Mike's with an adjustable thumb break also a 16.

Hope this helps.

I have the pt111 and the pt145. Both way more accurate the me. Heinie sights and the long trigger pull take some time to get use to.

High noon and C-TAC holsters for IWB. Mikes paddle holster for OWB. Desantis nemesis for pocket (large) carry.

Accuracy at 10 yards? All in the black.
    Tends to shoot low and left due to long trigger pull.
    Just lighten up on the pressure of your little finger fixed it for me.
    Last edited by stephpd; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

(Berks County)

I forgot to mention that i have the PT140, I use a CTAC IWB and tuck my tshirt into my dickies. A little blousing and even friends that kow what/where I carry can't see it. Except for needing to ajust the sites accuracy isn't an issue and so far reliability isn't a problem, but I only have about 500 rounds through it.

(Perry County)

I have the Millenium Pro 111 in 9mm.

I've only put about 300 rounds through it but it has never skipped a beat with feed or fire. All WallyWorld WWB FMJ. I haven't run any JHP's through it yet. Not all that much info for you but that's all I have for now.

FWIW, I actually shot the PT111 slightly better than I shot my G23 or G19. The 111 is more accurate than me but paper plates at 25 feet should not be a problem IMHO.

As for a holster, I found a Bianchi Model 6D - ATB works pretty well (in a size 11 I think). I picked one up at Bass Pro for something like $25. That is, if you're an IWB thumb break kind of guy.
    Last edited by Penguini66; May 23rd, 2008 at 02:18 AM.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast