Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default E-bay feedback rant

Ok, won an item, payed within 6 hours of winning. Item shows up. Seller doesn't leave feedback (I paid on time.. thats all I agreed to do).

So I message the seller please leave positive feedback so I can do the same.

I get back that I have to leave feedback FIRST.

E-bay can fix this BS in a second.

Simply disable buyers feedback until seller posts. If seller doesn't post within X days then its an automatic neutral with a tag saying so. Unless the seller posts the buyer gets a positive with a tag.

I can buy a $4 part from China and have a smooth transaction. Yes some asshat is NY causes problems. I even got a phone call from China when I posted a negative feedback (the part was broken). A phone call from China! To ask me to revoke the negative if they sent another part. For $4!

(York County)

Default Re: E-bay feedback rant

If you were happy with the transaction, then give feedback first. If you were not, then get ahold of him and work it out. There was a thread about this before that got heated if i remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

I envy anyone whose life is going so successfully that he has the luxury of becoming irate over who leaves feedback first. This is evidence of a charmed life, or smart planning. So, congrats, you're doing well.

Leave truthful feedback. Leave it first. The other party can do what he wants, it will all even out if you buy & sell enough used crap on eBay. There are no rules over who leaves feedback first, but the buyer's participation is not over when payment is received. A buyer who pays promptly but then makes unjust demands later is a bad buyer, who doesn't merit positive feedback. It would be deceptive, telling other sellers that it was a problem-free transaction, when in fact there may have been demands for discounts, complaints about shipping costs, claims of damage or unsuitability, threats to have PayPal reverse the charges....

Sellers can't give negative feedback, all they can do is withhold feedback from problem buyers. Once you're satisfied and leave positive feedback, you're a good buyer. Until then, the game ain't over.

Feedback about buyers means almost nothing now, anyway. I had hundreds of deals with zero negative feedback, at a time when negative feedback was possible. Now, anyone who buys but never sells will have 100% feedback. It's like taking a class where everyone gets an "A". Means nothing.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

So give him a negative saying he refused to leave feedback. Enough of those and he'll change his policy.

(Monroe County)

The reason that the seller is refusing to leave feedback first is so that they can give you negative feedback in response to yours.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sellers can't give negative feedback, all they can do is withhold feedback from problem buyers. Once you're satisfied and leave positive feedback, you're a good buyer. Until then, the game ain't over.

Feedback about buyers means almost nothing now, anyway. I had hundreds of deals with zero negative feedback, at a time when negative feedback was possible. Now, anyone who buys but never sells will have 100% feedback. It's like taking a class where everyone gets an "A". Means nothing.
    YUP! The feedback system use to be the core of the Ebay system. Now it's a joke. The whole system is geared toward buyers, with little protection for the seller.

So to the OP, leave feedback first. You have the upper hand. The only thing the seller can do is not leave you feedback. No harm, no foul.

(Monroe County)

Ebay is a bullshit scammers paradise, and Paypal can just flat out blow me.
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Leave truthful feedback. Leave it first. The other party can do what he wants, it will all even out if you buy & sell enough used crap on eBay. There are no rules over who leaves feedback first, but the buyer's participation is not over when payment is received. A buyer who pays promptly but then makes unjust demands later is a bad buyer, who doesn't merit positive feedback. It would be deceptive, telling other sellers that it was a problem-free transaction, when in fact there may have been demands for discounts, complaints about shipping costs, claims of damage or unsuitability, threats to have PayPal reverse the charges....

Agreed completely.

I always leave FB first as a buyer (when I receive item), and only leave FB as a seller once my buyer leaves FB (denoting they were happy with transaction).

(Montgomery County)

With my experience with Ebay, it usually falls on the buyer to leave feedback first. As a seller, I never leave feedback first. By waiting until I see what the buyer does, it adds another level of protection that I wouldn't have if I had left feedback first.

When one of my items has been paid for, I always send a personal thank you message, and state that once you receive the item, and you're happy with how the transaction went, then I would be grateful if you could leave me a positive feedback, and I will then do the same.

Proud member of:

(Schuylkill County)

Charmed life? If your life sucks so bad then it seems you have work cut out for you.

I disagree with the buyers parts. My only contractual agreement was to pay for the item. If it shows up and I have problems than like any business time to put on the customer service hat and make fair adjustments.

I guess I'll leave him a negative now.. since man have said the system is a joke. I guess taking it serious was my first mistake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast