Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carrying glock with 3.5 pound trigger

Idk why, but ever since I put the 3.5 pound trigger connector in my glock I get awful nervous about carrying it. Not sure if I am the only one or I just need a kick in the ass to realize it should be just fine and wont go off the in high quality holster I have.

But I also got to thinking about the legality or how it would look in a courtroom making such a custom change to my carry piece. Any advice? I honestly considered just taking it back out. It only takes a few seconds, and figured if Hickock can carry a stock glock, so can I!

Default Re: Carrying glock with 3.5 pound trigger

Try adding a NY1 spring with your (-) connector. You may actually like the combo.

Both my Glocks (19 + 22) have 3.5lb. Ghost connectors.

As long as you:
    1. carry in a properly designed holster,
    2. exercise proper trigger discipline,

you will experience no problems.

When I got it, my Glock 22 had an NY trigger. The 19 had an 8lb. connector.

I was more concerned about missing my intended target due to the wretched triggers than I am now of a negligent discharge.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

As long as you:

Same here. I have them in my G27 and G23. Stick to your training and you'll be perfectly fine.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

As long as you:

When I got it, my Glock 22 had an NY trigger. The 19 had an 8lb. connector.

I was more concerned about missing my intended target due to the wretched triggers than I am now of a negligent discharge.
    Yeah man, no funny business. You need about an 8oz trigger for it to become and issue when you release the slide. I have a 2lb 13oz trigger in my M&P (granted, it's not my primary carry gun). Check out the trigger weight in 1911/2011 competition guns, they tend run about 2lbs when all said and done. The 5lb 'standard' is usually a department or agency policy.

Again, don't do some silly stuff and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Northampton County)

my glock trigger is even less. if anything it makes me feel even more safe because my accuracy has increased tenfold ever since i made the changes
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    Idk why, but ever since I put the 3.5 pound trigger connector in my glock I get awful nervous about carrying it. Not sure if I am the only one or I just need a kick in the ass to realize it should be just fine and wont go off the in high quality holster I have.

But I also got to thinking about the legality or how it would look in a courtroom making such a custom change to my carry piece. Any advice? I honestly considered just taking it back out. It only takes a few seconds, and figured if Hickock can carry a stock glock, so can I!
    Nucking Futs,

I'm going to make a few points here. Not to be critical, but to clarify a few things.

1) Putting a 3.5 lb connector into your Glock is not in any way whatsoever anything even remotely close to a "custom change" as you stated. You took one Glock part off the gun, and replaced it with a slightly different Glock part.

Folks who make dramatic, significant modifications to their carry guns certainly face some added liability concerns if they end up in a bad shooting. Putting a 3.5 lb connector into your Glock does not put you in that category.

2) I honestly can't figure out why you would be nervous about your Glock going off in your "high quality holster" now that you have a 3.5 lb connector, when apparently you were not nervous about this before. Putting the 3.5 lb connector took about 1.5 to 2 lbs. off of your trigger pull weight. That's it. It did absolutely nothing else. It's nothing magical or mysterious. It did nothing to make the gun any more likely to go off by any kind of an accident than it was before you put the 3.5 lb connector in the gun.

If you were not concerned about an accidental discharge before you put the 3.5 lb connector into the Glock, there is no reason for you to suddenly be concerned about one after.

3) The real issue here isn't whether you have a 3.5 lb connector in your Glock. The issue is understanding the basic rules of firearms safety, and knowing when you should and should not have your finger on the trigger.

It makes no difference whether you have a 5 lb trigger, a 10 lb trigger, or a 100 lb trigger - if you have your finger on the trigger when you shouldn't, you are violating a firearms safety rule, and you are wrong.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by John A Brown View Post
    Nucking Futs,

I'm going to make a few points here. Not to be critical, but to clarify a few things.

1) Putting a 3.5 lb connector into your Glock is not in any way whatsoever anything even remotely close to a "custom change" as you stated. You took one Glock part off the gun, and replaced it with a slightly different Glock part.

Folks who make dramatic, significant modifications to their carry guns certainly face some added liability concerns if they end up in a bad shooting. Putting a 3.5 lb connector into your Glock does not put you in that category.

2) I honestly can't figure out why you would be nervous about your Glock going off in your "high quality holster" now that you have a 3.5 lb connector, when apparently you were not nervous about this before. Putting the 3.5 lb connector took about 1.5 to 2 lbs. off of your trigger pull weight. That's it. It did absolutely nothing else. It's nothing magical or mysterious. It did nothing to make the gun any more likely to go off by any kind of an accident than it was before you put the 3.5 lb connector in the gun.

If you were not concerned about an accidental discharge before you put the 3.5 lb connector into the Glock, there is no reason for you to suddenly be concerned about one after.

3) The real issue here isn't whether you have a 3.5 lb connector in your Glock. The issue is understanding the basic rules of firearms safety, and knowing when you should and should not have your finger on the trigger.

It makes no difference whether you have a 5 lb trigger, a 10 lb trigger, or a 100 lb trigger - if you have your finger on the trigger when you shouldn't, you are violating a firearms safety rule, and you are wrong.

John

www.3riverstraining.com
    Agreed with all this. I have the 3.5 lb package and don't think twice on carrying it. Feels much better to me than it did with the 5.5 lb stock trigger pull on it; my groups got a bit tighter too. As was stated previously, as long as you aren't putting your finger on the trigger, no worries, right?

(Monroe County)

Just so you know..putting in a 3.5lb connector does not give you a 3.5lb trigger pull. With the 3.5lb connector and the internals polished you have a 4.5lb trigger pull.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Just so you know..putting in a 3.5lb connector does not give you a 3.5lb trigger pull. With the 3.5lb connector and the internals polished you have a 4.5lb trigger pull.
    Yep - roger.

In paragraph 2 above I stated that it takes about 1.5 - 2 lbs off of your trigger pull weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast