Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default New to the boards and just wanna say hey

hi all. just wanted to introduce myself to all you fine people. im a 29 year old gun lover living in south philly around 18th and wharton. i'm a member at SPAG and i practice there about once or twice a week. I'm always up for going shooting! i hope i get to meet some of you at the gun show this friday. i'll be at valley forge when the doors open!

(York County)

Default Re: New to the boards and just wanna say hey

Hi, Ricky!

...you're awesome!

Welcome to PAFOA!

http://forum.pafoa.org/292002-post-1091.html
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; June 9th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_awesome View Post
    hi all. just wanted to introduce myself to all you fine people. im a 29 year old gun lover living in south philly around 18th and wharton. i'm a member at SPAG and i practice there about once or twice a week. I'm always up for going shooting! i hope i get to meet some of you at the gun show this friday. i'll be at valley forge when the doors open!

Welcome from another newb!

We will have to meet up at SPAG one day.

(Philadelphia County)

welcome to the forum hope to meet you some day to a shoot someday
    ZRT (Head of Human Reproduction Dept.) sector 7

(Philadelphia County)

welcome ricky! i'm also in south philly and used to belong to SPAG until their erratic price increases turned me off. they are a great bunch of guys and i've known them for a couple years but i've gone there about 6 times and they were closed for maintenance (i used to walk in the hottest of summer from 13th and dickinson with 10 lbs of guns), i never thought to call and ask because it was seriously every week at one time. so now i've made it a habit to call or check the website before i go there to shoot.
    then when they were actually open i would bring 1 gun with me and they wouldn't have ammo, this was long before the ammo craze and would happen with .357, .44 mag, .38 spl and even .40 s&w.
    when the "assault rifes" started drying up they started putting up signs that said "there is no price garauntee on any ar15 rifle, even if you put a deposit we may raise the price" so i started goin elsewhere for my firearms, and am planning to join holmesburg eventually when i get my new house situated and start reloading.
    i do plan to go to holmesburg again soon so i'll shoot you a pm when we can get it together. also for you 1911 (i also have a colt) this video from todd jarrett really helped me out with my grip:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...d+jarrett&aq=f
    hope this helped ya. if you ever have any questions about your gun or anything feel free to shoot me a pm, i'm no expert or anything but i'll help you as best i can.
    Ryan
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    welcome ricky! i'm also in south philly and used to belong to SPAG until their erratic price increases turned me off. they are a great bunch of guys and i've known them for a couple years but i've gone there about 6 times and they were closed for maintenance (i used to walk in the hottest of summer from 13th and dickinson with 10 lbs of guns), i never thought to call and ask because it was seriously every week at one time. so now i've made it a habit to call or check the website before i go there to shoot.
    then when they were actually open i would bring 1 gun with me and they wouldn't have ammo, this was long before the ammo craze and would happen with .357, .44 mag, .38 spl and even .40 s&w.
    when the "assault rifes" started drying up they started putting up signs that said "there is no price garauntee on any ar15 rifle, even if you put a deposit we may raise the price" so i started goin elsewhere for my firearms, and am planning to join holmesburg eventually when i get my new house situated and start reloading.
    i do plan to go to holmesburg again soon so i'll shoot you a pm when we can get it together. also for you 1911 (i also have a colt) this video from todd jarrett really helped me out with my grip:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...d+jarrett&aq=f
    hope this helped ya. if you ever have any questions about your gun or anything feel free to shoot me a pm, i'm no expert or anything but i'll help you as best i can.
    Ryan

Check out Pistol People, RAF, Classic pistol.

I have never had a good trip to Holmesburg. When the prison gaurds are there they get pissed when members try to shoot.
    Been there 3x. Every time I went I said that would be the last time. . . Damn buddy keeps dragging me there to shoot shotgun, either no one was there, or the prison gaurds got pissy. . .

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    Check out Pistol People, RAF, Classic pistol.

I have never had a good trip to Holmesburg. When the prison gaurds are there they get pissed when members try to shoot.
    Been there 3x. Every time I went I said that would be the last time. . . Damn buddy keeps dragging me there to shoot shotgun, either no one was there, or the prison gaurds got pissy. . .
    Why are the guards getting pissy? Is it their range or are they being allowed to use it?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Why are the guards getting pissy? Is it their range or are they being allowed to use it?
    Well the city wanted to just take the range flat out. The way I heard it was some one knows someone, ect. . . .
    So the city uses it for training, but they will "let" the members use it when its not being used by the city.

When ever I am went there (during noon time during the week) it was either being used by the city, or the place was all locked up and NO one was there.

I could be wrong, but it seems the people who "run" the place are never their unless they or there old members want to shoot!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    Well the city wanted to just take the range flat out. The way I heard it was some one knows someone, ect. . . .
    So the city uses it for training, but they will "let" the members use it when its not being used by the city.

When ever I am went there (during noon time during the week) it was either being used by the city, or the place was all locked up and NO one was there.

I could be wrong, but it seems the people who "run" the place are never their unless they or there old members want to shoot!
    Ah I hear ya....so if you were a member you could shoot there whenever right? Except for when the prison guards are there of course...

(Philadelphia County)

thanks for all the info guys! I look forward to meet you all at SPAG or some other PAFOA shoot. I'm really looking to become a great shooter with a pistol, rifle and shotgun. y'know practice till the zombies come. ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast