Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Stonyfield Farm - An Anti Gun Company

I did a post on my blog a few days ago on Ben and Jerry's being anti gun which has spurred my further interest into this topic. I got pretty frustrated when I saw that plenty of groups such as the NRA and GOA have exhaustive lists of anti gun companies but no citations whatsoever. Though I am sure that they did their research I am just not one to believe everything that I read.

As a result I decided to do a series about food companies who openly support gun control with the evidence to back it up.

If you guys and gals find this info interesting and helpful let me know and I'll keep posting this stuff here.

Stonyfield Farm is the maker of Stonyfield Yogurt Product, YoBaby and Kids, and Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt.

In the book "Ben and Jerry's Double-Dip: how to run a values-led business and make money, too," by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Greenfield talks about how they got blacklisted by the NRA because of their collaborations with the Children's Defense Fund.

As a result they received many letter of support including one from Gary Hirshberg, CEO and President of Stonyfield Farm Yogurt.In the letter he expressed wanting to do something about gun violence and said "I got involved with a group called Stop Handgun Violence. I went with them instead of an antigun group - which I personally support - because I wanted something my employees would support...Stop Handgun Violence got two or three thousand calls and lots of money."

Stop Handgun Violence not being an anti gun group my ass! These are a few excerpts from their site:

"Stop Handgun Violence was the lead agency in a coalition that came together to pass the Gun Control Act of 1998 (Chapter 180), the most comprehensive gun legislation in the nation."

"June, 2004. Stop Handgun Violence's eighth billboard featured a 150' by 30' AK-47 assault rifle and suggested that such a gun would be "Coming to a Home Near You" if the National and State Assault Weapons Bans were not renewed. Unfortunately, the federal ban did sunset, but Massachusetts passed its own ban by a resoundingly bi-partisan show of support."

Not anti gun? Um, ok...

Well at least I don't think I ever really ate any of their products anyway. Now I need to research Dannon. Man, I really don't want to give up my fruit on the bottom yogurt...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Stonyfield Farm - An Anti Gun Company

Thanks for posting this. Time for me to find another yogurt.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Monroe County)

Dibs on that awesome AK billboard! :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Oakley View Post
    I did a post on my blog a few days ago on Ben and Jerry's being anti gun which has spurred my further interest into this topic. I got pretty frustrated when I saw that plenty of groups such as the NRA and GOA have exhaustive lists of anti gun companies but no citations whatsoever. Though I am sure that they did their research I am just not one to believe everything that I read.

As a result I decided to do a series about food companies who openly support gun control with the evidence to back it up.

If you guys and gals find this info interesting and helpful let me know and I'll keep posting this stuff here.

Stonyfield Farm is the maker of Stonyfield Yogurt Product, YoBaby and Kids, and Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt.

In the book "Ben and Jerry's Double-Dip: how to run a values-led business and make money, too," by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Greenfield talks about how they got blacklisted by the NRA because of their collaborations with the Children's Defense Fund.

As a result they received many letter of support including one from Gary Hirshberg, CEO and President of Stonyfield Farm Yogurt.In the letter he expressed wanting to do something about gun violence and said "I got involved with a group called Stop Handgun Violence. I went with them instead of an antigun group - which I personally support - because I wanted something my employees would support...Stop Handgun Violence got two or three thousand calls and lots of money."

Stop Handgun Violence not being an anti gun group my ass! These are a few excerpts from their site:

"Stop Handgun Violence was the lead agency in a coalition that came together to pass the Gun Control Act of 1998 (Chapter 180), the most comprehensive gun legislation in the nation."

"June, 2004. Stop Handgun Violence's eighth billboard featured a 150' by 30' AK-47 assault rifle and suggested that such a gun would be "Coming to a Home Near You" if the National and State Assault Weapons Bans were not renewed. Unfortunately, the federal ban did sunset, but Massachusetts passed its own ban by a resoundingly bi-partisan show of support."

Not anti gun? Um, ok...

Well at least I don't think I ever really ate any of their products anyway. Now I need to research Dannon. Man, I really don't want to give up my fruit on the bottom yogurt...
    When do I get mine, am I too late.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Westmoreland County)

I want a billboard like that one....cool.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Delaware County)

Agreed - I want that huge fuckin' AK sign. I'll post it on my property and add "DO NOT TRY TO ROB ME."

lol
    Junior

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, the sign would be pretty bad ass if they just replaced the red wording with "I wouldn't rob that house if I were you..."

(York County)

Stonyfield Farm is about 85% owned by Group Danone, so any complaints/comments you make to Stonyfield Farm concerning their politics and your boycott of them should also be addressed to Group Danone, aka Dannon too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    Stonyfield Farm is about 85% owned by Group Danone, so any complaints/comments you make to Stonyfield Farm concerning their politics and your boycott of them should also be addressed to Group Danone, aka Dannon too.
    Good point. I will look into that.

(Monroe County)

I never eat their Yogurt as i seldom eat Yogurt but i have bought their Milk at Walmart from time to time , but no more.

Its amazing that all these companies are against Americans owning Guns But they all Support Israel! Where any Jew Can carry a Gun no question asked.

hhhhmmmm.