Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Pizza Hut may fire Delivery Person

..for using a handgun to defend himself. Maybe let them know your thoughts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344608,00.html

Be safe.

Scott

(York County)

Default Re: Pizza Hut may fire Delivery Person

So he is alive to go find another minimum wage job. Pizza Hut is a POS with crappy pizza anyway. Any company that forbids its employees to defend themselves on the job is not worth the time of day IMHO.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

i'd boycott them if i didnt already go there because of the shitty food.

(Northampton County)

That's great, Pizza Hut says it is safest for everyone to not allow them to carry. Safe for who, the bad guy. This is a great example of self defense and why we need to be able to carry. He must have practiced, grabbing the Gun and drawing his own, nice. could have been ugly.

(Cambria County)

I used to deliver pizza's for pizza hut in st. paul, mn(the state where nothing is allowed). In the 8-9 months that I worked there 2 drivers had been mugged at gunpoint. One was my manager who had a gun in his back as he went to get into his car, the other, a fellow driver had a gun pressed into his cheek. It is a very dangerous job. It is absolutly obsurd that it is 'company policy' for its drivers not to carry a weapon.
    Last edited by jpeters; April 1st, 2008 at 11:41 PM.

(Lycoming County)

I am a firm believer in "always carry, never tell". This kind of throws a wrench into that. To be honest, I may find myself in similar circumstance if I would ever use lethal force in my workplace. But, as mentioned in another recent thread, I respect Private Property rights and all that entails.

With this, the driver is going out in public way, it just seems tough to tell him he can not carry. Even with an employment agreement, I would still carry. He came to Pizza Hut looking for a job, he can leave Pizza Hut looking for a job! At least he is leaving on his terms, with his life and without injury.

Be safe.

Scott

(Allegheny County)

Pizza Hut, Inc.
    14841 Dallas Parkway
    Dallas, TX 75254
    Customer Feedback Phone: 1-800-948-8488
    All Other Inquiries Phone: 1-972-338-7700

I'm up for a Pafoa boycott. Send that official letter out.
    There's a lot of small shops within delivery range of me who don't make company statements like, "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody." "Everybody", geez, aren't you making this statement because your own employee was just a victim of a violent crime and defended himself? Don't you mean safest for criminals?
    Pizza delivery is a tough job, you're not always delivering to nice neighborhoods. Sometimes you're in the shittiest part of town in the middle of the night when most people with half a brain are off the streets. Corperate doesn't have any problem taking that order though!
    I'll boycott them.

I was once fired from a part time job in a convenience store in Albuquerque. Worked the midnight shift a few times a week. Got robbed at least once a week. Usually, no big deal. Druggie would come in and say "Gimme the money," I'd give 'em the money and they'd go away.

One night, a group of four dudes came in the store, looked for the cameras, and split up. Uh oh... and they didn't look like the usual junkies. I got behind the counter, and decided to push the button instead of waiting for the robbery. Proved to be the end of my illustrious Circle K career, because pushing the button meant the security company was watching and recording, instead of just the store cameras. After they'd cased the store, one of them came to the register, and demanded the money. Gave him all $16 or $17 bucks in the till. He wanted more, I gave him $20 from the safe, and told him I couldn't get any more out. Meanwhile one of his buddies was busy stealing all the hotdogs (???!!!). Two of them joined him while he started knocking stuff off the counter. Security company decided to pipe up over the speakers and tell me the police were on the way, so our three heroes decided to try to come over the counter at me. That means only very bad things. I drew my Model 10, started pulling the trigger on the closest one, and they decided to go join their friend with the hot dogs. Manager came in, did our usual inventory and report, and went home. Next morning, he called me and told me not to come in, they'd mail my check. Oh well, I knew it that's what would happen if I ever had to draw. Manager knew I carried, but when folks above him found out, they said I had to be fired for carrying a gun. Reckon they would have preferred me dead on the floor, in the name of safety. Peckerheads.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Dauphin County)

this is posted in the lounge also

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    So he is alive to go find another minimum wage job. Pizza Hut is a POS with crappy pizza anyway. Any company that forbids its employees to defend themselves on the job is not worth the time of day IMHO.
    I think you just named about 90% of the employers in this state. It is my understanding that the majority of businesses in PA have a no firearms policy for their employees in the interest of safety.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast