Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who needs to carry in small rural towns?

Apparently I do.

http://www.portallegany.net/

A Port Allegany man is in McKean County Jail after reportedly threatening patrons of the Midtown Bar with a knife Tuesday night. According to police reports, an officer was called to the bar just after 10 up.m. for a "man with a knife."
    By the time the officer got there, the man, later identified as David Kelley, East Mill Street, had moved on to another bar, taking the knife, reportedly a machete, with him.

Reports say that when officers entered Moe's Bar and tried to arrest him, Kelley became violent and had to be subdued.
    After he was arrested, he was taken to Bradford Regional Medical Center because of breathing difficulties, and later to Bradford City Jail. before being taken before on-call Magisterial District Judge Dom Cercone, who arraigned him on charges of Aggravated Assault.

He was remanded to McKean County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for March 9 before District Judge Bill Todd. Port Allegany Police were assisted by an officer from Smethport.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Erie County)

Default Re: Who needs to carry in small rural towns?

I avoid large cities whenever possible because the likelyhood of crime is greater there. I carry everyday regardless of where I'm at because the threat of violence is not restricted to such places.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7033937&page=1

Maryville, Il population some 7,143 as of July 2007. Hardly a busy metropolis. Given that the entire State should be considered a "gun free zone", at least in regards to concealed carry, one might think this shouldn't have happened.

Clearly "gun free" zones aren't working. Apparently whomever thought of this assinine concept of using the honor system and expecting criminals to comply wasn't actually thinking at all.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

Oh I always carry, but most everyone thinks I'm a nut because nothing hardly ever happens around here.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Oh I always carry, but most everyone thinks I'm a nut because nothing hardly ever happens around here.
    Do you have smoke detectors, wear your seatbelt, and have automobile ins?
    All things you hope you never have to use. Anybody think your nuts for having that? You're not nuts, just insured.

That's what the people in Maryville,IL. said............

(Cambria County)

Every day the news around here gets worse and worse. I live in a small town. And most of my buddies think the same way.... "I only carry when I go to the big city." I find it amazing that people around here only think it happens in the "big cities."

Just cause it only happens around here once in a while. It isn't worth "carrying" for. But what if that once in a while involves you? No... I carry all the time. Even in my backyard. And I'm out in the woods.

I hope I never need it here in small town USA. But I'll never forgive myself if I do, and I left the darn thing at home, cause I was only heading down into the small town to get something.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

I live in a stereotypical "small rural town" and unless you live here, you wouldn't believe all the "big city crime" we have. The sad thing is, a lot of people here are in denial, because "things like this cant happen around here". Well, that is pretty much why the crime has skyrocketed.

Honestly I don't think the size of the town matters any more!

When we first moved to Barrett township everyone left their doors unlocked all the time (seriously), we had one cop (the chief). Now we have something like 10 cops, a police dog, they all carry tazers and at night they run to cops to a squad car .... now to some this might sound like a township with more money than brains but I know most of the cops and they tell me some of the horror stories about things that happen around the area.

No, the size of the town has nothing to do with it, the lowlifes are taking over everywhere and it's getting uglier by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Honestly I don't think the size of the town matters any more!

When we first moved to Barrett township everyone left their doors unlocked all the time (seriously), we had one cop (the chief). Now we have something like 10 cops, a police dog, they all carry tazers and at night they run to cops to a squad car .... now to some this might sound like a township with more money than brains but I know most of the cops and they tell me some of the horror stories about things that happen around the area.

No, the size of the town has nothing to do with it, the lowlifes are taking over everywhere and it's getting uglier by the day.
    Well don't even get me started on Monroe.

...But I agree 100%
    It seems that regardless of where people live the level of respect for life has plummeted.
    FUCK BIDEN

It seems that regardless of where people live the level of respect for life has plummeted.
    Life and property ... the scum of the earth think they are the center of the universe and whatever they want is there's for the taking and if they see something that makes them jealous of a person they deface it.

And people wonder why we hate most people and carry guns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast