Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Crossbreed super tuck VS Alien Gear Holsters

I bought crossbreed super tuck holsters for my Glock 22 and Sig P-220 both are very nice Holster and I am very satisfied with both.
    I read in one of the gun rags about the Alien Gear version of the Supper tuck, I ordered one for my S&W.
    The crossbreed seems to be a better quality of leather than the Alien gear. The Crossbreed all so comes with spring steel belt clips, With 4 holes on each side of the leather pad for personal preference in carry. With a life time warranty.
    The crossbreed now cost around $70.00.

The Alien Gear
    The leather pad seems to be sturdy enough, however the quality of the Leather just seems a little inferior to that used in the Crossbreed.
    The Alien Gear comes with plastic belt clips, with three adjustment holes in the Leather pad. Alien gear also comes with a life time warranty as well as a bag with extra parts the screws, spacers and keepers.
    The Alien Gear sells for about $30.00 plus shipping.

My opinion for the money it’s not a Crossbreed , but a very good holster for the money.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Crossbreed super tuck VS Alien Gear Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    I bought crossbreed super tuck holsters for my Glock 22 and Sig P-220 both are very nice Holster and I am very satisfied with both.
    I read in one of the gun rags about the Alien Gear version of the Supper tuck, I ordered one for my S&W.
    The crossbreed seems to be a better quality of leather than the Alien gear. The Crossbreed all so comes with spring steel belt clips, With 4 holes on each side of the leather pad for personal preference in carry. With a life time warranty.
    The crossbreed now cost around $70.00.

The Alien Gear
    The leather pad seems to be sturdy enough, however the quality of the Leather just seems a little inferior to that used in the Crossbreed.
    The Alien Gear comes with plastic belt clips, with three adjustment holes in the Leather pad. Alien gear also comes with a life time warranty as well as a bag with extra parts the screws, spacers and keepers.
    The Alien Gear sells for about $30.00 plus shipping.

My opinion for the money it’s not a Crossbreed , but a very good holster for the money.

you can order alien gear with metal clips.

the plastic clips are the recommended ones

(Philadelphia County)

I take it you didn't get the AG holster with the neoprene backing?

Kind of an unfair review then. You're comparing the budget AG model with the Crossbreed, which is super overpriced to begin with.

The AG 2.0 seems to have improved on all aspects of their older holster, and you can order different clips if the standard plastic ones aren't to your liking. I've been debating on picking up a 2.0 for a while, might order one after Christmas.

Personally, I think Crossbreeds are shit for the $80 they charge. Much better options that do the same thing without those stupid cross clips and way too thin kydex. Both CBST's I've owned have had kydex cracks after <year of wear. Learned my lesson.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Berks County)

Crossbreed invented this style, they can charge what they want. Everybody else is just a copy. Some might improve the concept while others cheapen it. Nobody will come to market at a higher price than he original.

(Delaware County)

I have 2 AG holsters...love them both.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.