Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default FBI Most-Wanted Fugitive Eric Frein Captured Alive

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-wanted-...ry?id=26587018

Accused cop killer Eric Frein, one of the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Fugitives, was captured after a 48-day manhunt, police said tonight.

"Eric Frein was dedicated to killing law enforcement members," Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said in a news conference with Gov. Tom Corbett. "I can't think of a more dangerous occupation than going out into those woods and looking for him."

Noonan said several thousand members of various departments in at least five states spent countless hours looking for Frein.

Frein, 31, was captured by U.S. Marshals outside an abandoned airplane hanger at Birchwood-Pocono Airport near Tannersville about 6 p.m. Thursday, police said.

Frein had a sniper rifle and knives but no shots were fired during his capture, said Noonan. He was taken to the State Police barracks in Blooming Grove, the same place where he allegedly ambushed two state troopers.

(Perry County)

Default Re: FBI Most-Wanted Fugitive Eric Frein Captured Alive

Now that Frein is caught, this will serve as the new thread for discussion.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    And I just put all those smiley's over there.....gesh

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    And I just put all those smiley's over there.....gesh
    You got the last post about loving the quiet (other than the redirect) and Ironbutt was right, it's the perfect close.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Default Gee, why does Frein's face look badly beaten

Every picture I see of him during captivity his face is badly beaten. Gee I think the cops may have worked him over right after his capture. His nose looks to be broken by the scar around the bridge. Cop brutality from a bunch of thugs that couldn't find a flee in a space suit let alone a man hiding in the woods? PA taxpayers spent over $2M for his capture.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Gee, why does Frein's face look badly beaten

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer357 View Post
    Every picture I see of him during captivity his face is badly beaten. Gee I think the cops may have worked him over right after his capture. His nose looks to be broken by the scar around the bridge. Cop brutality?

Probably bumped his head getting in the back of Cpl. Dickson's car.

(Monroe County)

I don't see badly beaten no matter how hard I look at this POS, I se a few scratches that he may have gotten while running around in the woods. I think the fact that his face doesn't resemble ground beef speaks volumes for the constraint that was shown. He could be cooling on a slab in the coroners office if some had gotten their way. While I am no fan of abuse of power I hope this POS suffers slowly until he gets his permanent flu shot.

I didn't see "beaten" either. 45 days on the run in the wilds is bound to leave marks. We'll see if his face swells up or not. Either way, I think restraint was shown. And he was brought in alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I don't see badly beaten no matter how hard I look at this POS, I se a few scratches that he may have gotten while running around in the woods. I think the fact that his face doesn't resemble ground beef speaks volumes for the constraint that was shown. He could be cooling on a slab in the coroners office if some had gotten their way. While I am no fan of abuse of power I hope this POS suffers slowly until he gets his permanent flu shot.

(Elk County)

Party pooper!

Make that, Party Pooper, Sir.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Probably bumped his head getting in the back of Cpl. Dickson's car.
    Maybe he legitimately resisted arrest or did something that legitimately caused this. But I hope it was not troopers trying to exact some sort of retribution or justice on him just because they could. (I'm not saying they did, but you know there is going to be a lot of speculation about this)

I think he is guilty and deserves what is coming to him, but I can not support the concept of police acting as a judge, jury and extracting any type of justice on him even though I understand that they are emotional and might be frustrated and then everyone winking and nodding because they know they got some street justice. Their jobs was to capture him which they did, not decide that they need to get some licks in.

I always say some people need to be held to a higher standard in certain areas because of their jobs, police officers, teachers, politicians etc…… They are all professions who have the publics trust and need to live up to the trust. We should not accept less from them. In this case, people need to have the expectation that if they are under the control of an officer, they will not be brutalize or punished without following the rule of law and a trial. The cops can think he is guilty all they want, i do not blame them for that, but they can not be acting on those guilty thoughts and meting out their own punishment.

Once again, if he did something to legitimately get those injuries while under the control of the police, nothing to see here. If it was some sort of street justice, I can not do a wink, nod and support it. jmo…….
    Last edited by internet troll; October 31st, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast