Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Penn-Manor School district to use biometrics

got this email,

PennsylvaniaRevolution.com
    On January 15, 2009 the Penn Manor School District sent a letter to the parents in their district. The district is implementing finger printing biometrics on all of their students. The same is going on across the world and here in our state its violating all of our rights and should not be stood for. Currently more then 3,500 schools around the world use biometrics.

The district is purchasing a new Point of Sale system to be used in its lunch lines at their middle and high schools. The school stats that by using biometrics it will ensure the security and to accurately debit the correct students account. The school district will allow parents who do not want their children involved could submit the form by February 4th, 2009. Less then a month to choose to accept or deny and no information on how long the information will be stored or what all their fingerprints will be sent too.

PARENTS: JUST SAY NO. STAND UP TO THIS ACTION - THIS IS CONDITIONING YOUR CHILD FOR THE FUTURE, EMAIL YOUR LEGISLATORS YOUR DISGUST.

If you live in the Penn Manor School District the time was yesterday to contact Donald Stewart ( don.stewart@pennmanor.net This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) saying no to their actions!
    The Letter to Parents and more online at www.PennsylvaniaRevolution.com

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Penn-Manor School district to use biometrics

Fingerprinting kids... to facilitate eating lunch?

"What the FUCK?" doesn't begin to describe my reaction.

I think Penn-Manor just nominated itself to make sizable donations to poorly-funded inner city schools. And all faculty are to read 1984 and discuss it.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lawrence County)

I'd like to know who is behind this, I just did some research and it looks like a lot of schools are doing the same thing. It has been going on for a few years now. I really can't see the need for fingerprinting over lunch money. Seems to me that it's more like conditioning.
    Last edited by jerkin; February 3rd, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

it said Biometrics...nothing about fingerprinting. Biometrics, iris scanning, facial recogniton software and fingerprinting. Bad, very very bad!

(Allegheny County)

I graduated high school in 2002, and we just used swipe cards to track how much we had on our accounts. Seemed to work perfectly well without the issues relating to biometrics, not to mention I can guarantee it was much cheaper.

(Bucks County)

Just one more way to manufacture another generation of sheep....
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    I graduated high school in 2002, and we just used swipe cards to track how much we had on our accounts. Seemed to work perfectly well without the issues relating to biometrics, not to mention I can guarantee it was much cheaper.
    +1, we used bar codes on our plastic ID badges, maybe the occasional issue if you got it dirty or cracked, but nothing that bad.

Whats so wrong with cash anyway?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    +1, we used bar codes on our plastic ID badges, maybe the occasional issue if you got it dirty or cracked, but nothing that bad.

Whats so wrong with cash anyway?
    You can't be monitored when using cash.

Just another step in the wrong direction. "Harmless", yet SO dangerous.

I really regret participating in the progression of this kind of thing by having my dog microchipped, and if I had a child, well... homeschooling just got another check mark in the "pluses" column.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    it said Biometrics...nothing about fingerprinting. Biometrics, iris scanning, facial recogniton software and fingerprinting. Bad, very very bad!
    I read a few articles on it after seeing this thread last night, they all speak of fingerprinting, not facial recognition or iris scanning. The proponents of it claim that it does not save any fingerprints, only several points to match up and therefore it is useless to law enforcement/government and cannot be used as any kind of registry (They say that about the sales "database" also, lol). Another article said that only 1% of students opted out of it, that to me is the scary part.

(Cambria County)

Ridiculous.

How soon is it going to be that people espousing ideas of freedom and liberty are going to be relegated to the ranks of cult fanaticism? Sheesh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast