Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Thinning of the Herd...

Tragic....but come ON, dude. This is beyond even the most base level of stupidity.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08085/867680-56.stm

Indiana County man accidentally kills himself
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    A 30-year-old man killed himself Sunday night with a pistol that he presumed was unloaded, the Indiana County coroner said.

Brian Marshall Morgan put a .22-caliber handgun to his head and the gun discharged, Coroner Michael A. Baker said. He classified Mr. Morgan's death as an accident.

A friend was with Mr. Morgan when the shooting occurred. This witness, who was not identified by investigators, said Mr. Morgan believed the handgun was empty.

Mr. Baker said he found no evidence of a struggle at the shooting scene, a farm outside Grant, Indiana County. But the coroner said alcohol probably was a factor. Whiskey and beer cans were found at the site of the shooting, he said.

Mr. Morgan was from Rochester Mills, Indiana County.
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Thinning of the Herd...

Someone issue that man a new Darwin Award.

(Wayne County)

Famous last words:

I'm telling you! It's empty and I'm going to prove it!

(Allegheny County)

Alcohol and Firearms dont mix...
    If people choose to drink they should put away the weapons. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family no matter how stupid the mistake was...
    Hope his death may act as a reminder to not F around with firearms. Espectialy when drunk..
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Philadelphia County)

Another black mark against guns. Maybe we should go back to banning alcohol instead of guns. Alcohol related accidents kill far more people in a year than guns do.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

its kind of like that asshole white rapper that put a pen gun to his head a had three misfires but the fourth fired. now his mom is trying to get pen guns outlawed.. total dip shits..

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
    Alcohol and Firearms dont mix...
    I think really drunks and guns don't mix.

Alcohol is just fine.

Anyway, being drunk has noting to do with this accident. Would you place the muzzle of a gun to your head no matter how drunk you might be? Then pull the trigger? Anybody here -- something you'd ever contemplate? Of course not. Would you stand on the ledge of a tall building and lean out? Same thing. If you have any self-preservation instinct, you wouldn't do it, drunk or not.

If you get so drunk you don't know what you're doing, then absolutely make sure there are no guns out of the safe and someone else has the combo. Also stay away from bridges, deck railings, tall buildings, knives, glassware (you might drop it and fall on the broken shards, killing yourself or others in the process -- all alcohol shall be served in plastic cups henceforth ), and anything else that a drunk might happen to use to kill himself or someone else.

Guns should not be singled out for special treatment.

Tragic accident but it was an accident. Poor judgment, insufficient training and inadequate discipline often leads to accidents, alcohol or not.

(Susquehanna County)

I'm going to hang myself as they say it a great sexual experience

(Philadelphia County)

Does one lose the right to defend themselves the minute they indulge in a glass of brandy/bourbon/whatever you enjoy? Not in my opinion.

There is no reason someone drinking responsibly shouldn't have a gun near them.

Now in this idiots case he got exactly what he deserved/wanted. Drinking responsibly while armed is not getting wasted and playing russian roulette with a loaded .22 .

I've noticed on alot of gun boards there is an almost religious paranoia related to guns and alcohol which I find absurd. Alcohol does impair judgment and one shouldn't "play" with guns while intoxicated, but being armed while drinking responsibly is fine with me. It all really boils down to the individual and the idiots will always manage to screw up especially when drunk.

Edit: Anyone notice how they say he put the gun to his head and then it "discharged"? More like he pulled the trigger causing the gun to function properly and chlorinate the gene pool.
    Last edited by jon'76; March 25th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

(Allegheny County)

The thing about this story that prompted me to post it wasn't so much the alcohol, or the tragedy, or whatever, but it was the fact that this man put a gun to his head. I mean, who does that, except the unfortunate few who have the intention of ending their own life? I've been known to tip back a few now and then (cue laughter from the peanut gallery). Me and my buddy were discussing the other day all the dumb shit we'd done when we'd been drinking, and we came to the conclusion that the only two things we'd never do, or never have done, no matter how impossibly hammered we'd ever been, were 1) bang another dude (not that there's anything wrong with that!!!), and 2) put a gun to our heads. It defies basic intelligence. Although I can't say that in my short shooting career I've ever gone out drinking and shooting, I would like to think that I'd not put one of my guns to my dome. Maybe I've had enough practice with the suds that I've moved past the point of ridiculous behavior and go straight from buzzed -> talking shit -> passing out. Whatever. Stories like this mystify me. The only conclusion I can come to is that this unfortunate individual was subconciously suicidal, and alcohol brought it out.
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast