Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Class Credit for Attending Anti Gun Symposium in Pgh

http://www.duq.edu/handgun/

Duquesne University is proud to present an historic gathering to address a growing crisis in America

Symposium topics include gun violence in our schools, in our cities, and directed at public officials.
    Featured Speakers »

For complimentary tickets to this historic symposium, register online or call us at 412-396-5131.
    This symposium is eligible for 2 hours of Act 48 credit.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

3:00-5:00pm
    Free and open to the public
    Power Center Ballroom
    Forbes Avenue
    Duquesne University

Featured Speakers(red emphasis added by me)

Jim Brady – President Ronald Reagan’s press secretary, shot during assassination attempt on the President in 1981; namesake of “Brady Handgun Bill”
    Marisa Randazzo – former Secret Service Agent who specializes in terrorism and threat
    Dr. Diane Strollo – clinical professor of radiology at UPMC whose daughter was injured but survived the Virginia Tech tragedy in 2007
    Tom Mauser – A father whose son Daniel was killed at Columbine High School in 1999
    David Hemenway – Author of Private Guns: Public Health. Director of Harvard Injury Control Research Center and Harvard Youth Violence Prevention Center
    Kathleen Kennedy Townsend – Special video appearance by former Lieutenant Governor of Virginia; daughter of Senator Robert F. Kennedy, niece of President John F. Kennedy, both of whom were murdered by assassins
    Detective Jill Smallwood-RustinFirearms Tracking Unit, Pittsburgh Police Dept.
    Cynthia A. Baldwin moderator – partner, Duane Morris LLP; retired justice, Pennsylvania Supreme Court (I can only GUESS at her stance )

Also Invited – Government Leaders from Pennsylvania; Official from Pennsylvania NRA

But hey, you can't say that they are BIASED... there IS an "official" from the PA NRA on the list.

(vomit)
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 25th, 2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Forgot the class credit portion
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Re: Class Credit for Attending Anti Gun Symposium in Pgh

Free and open to the public, eh...?

(Bucks County)

Actually, NRA does these types of symposiums too, which qualify for Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers (except in New Jersey, because they suck). This is something all advocacy groups do.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Allegheny County)

Interesting. I've signed up to attend, though I'll have to make sure that my work schedule can accommodate it.

I don't know how much audience participation is going to be allowed, but I'm going to have to set aside some time to come up with some tough questions.

The real trick is not to come off as a pro-gun party crasher, but to ask tough fact-based questions that the anti-side would find difficult to answer.

(Lehigh County)

If I were there, I'd try my damndest to point out that the entire symposium is based upon a false premise (gun violence). How does it come to pass, that the only type of violence described by an inanimate object, includes guns? What about knife violence? Or Alcohol violence? Or car violence? How about baseball bat violence, or brass knuckles violence?
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.