Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del-ton?

Default Del-ton?

Has anyone used Del-Ton, experiences they would like to share good or bad?

I am very new to the AR game, the product im looking at from them is the 16' Flat top kit with the heavy barrel. This is the exact set up i am considering purchasing. please remember two things, one i just graduated from college and am rather poor and two im buying a PSL for my real long shooting, this isnt built to stretch anything passed 200 yards, maybe 250 at the most. ( i live in NOVA and the longest range out here is 50 yards, but i travel to PA to shot out 250 yards.)

Item Details
    Item Name: 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit
    Item Price: $615.00
    Options:
    # 16 Rifle Kit - ML BarrelTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Heavy Barrel
    # 16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:YHM 4 Rail Free Float Tube
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:A2 Grip - Black
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handleetachable Carrying Handle (Flat Top's ONLY)
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle
    # Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks

this is all going on to a Stag Arms stripped lower receiver.

is it necessary to have a free floating hand guard on a rifle that isnt going to be shot out passed 200 yards? and is there anything that im missing from the build with in reason?

Thank you for your help.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Del-ton?

From what i have read, delton kits are okay. My problem with them was that months before the election, i contacted them via email about a kit i was looking at. They system generated emaild me back with a "question number" and said they'd get back to me soon. I have not to this day received an email back from them. I purchased something else.

Also, from what i read, they are currently severly backed up. It could be months before you get your kit. I'd call them in person to find out the wait times.

Also, i'm not a big fan of chrome molly barrels, i'd prefer chrome lined. And no, you don't need FF tubes.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; December 26th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.

I had a great experience with Del-ton. Of course that was before the election.

I got my order shipped overnight and even got an upgraded barrel because the confirmation email they sent saying the barrel I ordered was in stock when in fact it wasn't. They called me, and I said yes, ship the other barrel and it all went out that day. Got it the next day.

My phone experience with Del-ton was awesome.

Too bad their customer service is now suffering because of the election. I'm sure they are quite busy with everyone trying to get an order in before he takes office.

ETA: My lower is a Stag too.

(Montgomery County)

I have built three rifles from Del-Ton kits, and they all came out great. Their e-mail/customer service is not the best, but their product is solid. I haven't used them in the past couple years, but I have always been happy with them.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    ETA: My lower is a Stag too.
    Let's not go there...

Sorry Michele, I couldn't resist!
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Allegheny County)

You don't NEED a float tube for that range, but you might want it. And there is nothing wrong with getting what you want. I like the float tubes just because the stock hand guards are thick and they creak.

I would order everything that is not easy to swap out later. The best upgrade for me was the ergo grip and the next is the RRA 2 stage trigger. If you can afford to get them now do it. If not, it's an easy upgrade later.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    You don't NEED a float tube for that range, but you might want it. And there is nothing wrong with getting what you want. I like the float tubes just because the stock hand guards are thick and they creak.

I would order everything that is not easy to swap out later. The best upgrade for me was the ergo grip and the next is the RRA 2 stage trigger. If you can afford to get them now do it. If not, it's an easy upgrade later.
    Thanks guys, I believe his name is Scoutjoe, he suggested that same trigger and i think im going to see if i can afford it. thanks for the replies, i think im still going to go for the free floating barrel/detachable carry handle/ possibly the trigger work.

(Westmoreland County)

Del-ton has a pretty good rep for CS. Their product is supposed to be solid. I would call them and talk to someone to see what they have in stock and what they don't. That way you can get the things you want, but also can avoid the parts that are going to put you on back order for an extra month. From what I understand, someone will talk to you and walk you through ordering as you do it on the computer.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by T3h H4t View Post
    Thanks guys, I believe his name is Scoutjoe, he suggested that same trigger and i think im going to see if i can afford it. thanks for the replies, i think im still going to go for the free floating barrel/detachable carry handle/ possibly the trigger work.
    Ya his name is Scoutjoe

I just need to get some range time with my AR now, should of went yesterday
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    I just need to get some range time with my AR now, should of went yesterday
    so does your rifle have a front sight post there, even though it is a flat top?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast