Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I am against guns

Seeing family on Christmas Eve i have a cousin of mine say that he is against guns. What exactly does that mean that you are against guns. Well anyway the wife and I got a good chuckle out of it. Got to love the liberal sheep in the family. Guns are bad bad bad. I wonder if they would have thrown me out if they knew I had a loaded gun on my hip. Just thought I would share. Have a great Christmas everyone.

(Chester County)

Default Re: I am against guns

Quote Originally Posted by Gkgas View Post
    Seeing family on Christmas Eve i have a cousin of mine say that he is against guns. What exactly does that mean that you are against guns. Well anyway the wife and I got a good chuckle out of it. Got to love the liberal sheep in the family. Guns are bad bad bad. I wonder if they would have thrown me out if they knew I had a loaded gun on my hip. Just thought I would share. Have a great Christmas everyone.
    +1 for staying mum. No reason to get into that on Christmas eve. But tomorrow......

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gkgas View Post
    Take the guy out shooting. That generally shows that that the gun is not evil.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Take the guy out shooting. That generally shows that that the gun is not evil.
    That is probably easier said than done. How one earth is he supposed to get him to agree to go shoot that evil demonic creation that we call a gun?

(York County)

My mom didn't like it when she learned that I was carrying again. She actually said her concern was that I'd have to use it to defend myself and then be charged with murder. I replied, oh so you'd rather bury me than stick with me through my having false charges filed against me... and besides the odds are in the favor of my never having to use it anyway, it's just there for security, same as your auto or homeowner's insurance. I assured her that I am familiar with the laws and my rights concerning the subject and I'm familiar with my weapon. I told her that if it would help her, then she should think of it not as a firearm, but rather as a tool that will increase my chances of surviving the unthinkable. I told her my decision to return to CCing was due to the increase in incidents like mall shootings, convienence store robberies, carjackings, and muggings all around us and told her to look at any of the newspapers if she doubted me. I then added that another factor in my decision was the fear of the instability that I perceive will acompany the new administration that she and my dad helped elect. (She didn't like that last part much, but the rest of my justification seems to have sunken in.) She hasn't said one negative word about it since.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    That is probably easier said than done. How one earth is he supposed to get him to agree to go shoot that evil demonic creation that we call a gun?
    You do it a little at a time. We had a guy at work who could not go shooting with us because his wife was an anti. He went shooting with us. Then he couldn't buy a gun because his wife was an anti. He now has several guns. Some of which he inherited from her father. he is now working on her getting a LTCF.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Clarion County)

Wink Re: I am against guns

No wife,friend,relative,boss,or any other
    being,has that kind of power over me.I am no criminal,I have the right to bare arms and I do !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    get creative
    pick him up one really hot/cold day and just go to the range. he can either suffocate/freeze in the car or get out and see what the big deal is.

(Blair County)

Showing my grand father my new forty five. He explains he has never shot anything larger than a 22 and would like to go. The he asks about ltcf, if i have one and were can you carry. the conversation goes on and he asks if I carry on in the car and if it is loaded. We I am techniquely open carrying at this point however my tshirt is covering my Kel-tec. Being xmas I didnt have the heart to tell him that i had one on me and have one every time he is around me. After I take him shooting Ill break the news.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Ok I ate dinner tonight with these people from Baltimore, known them since forever, as have my parents. In previous discussions with the 1 man he has been sort of neutral on guns, and seemed level when I had told him a time before about PA and open carry. So I give him one of the Gorilla's flyers, and I have never seen this guy so batty in a goodly while. He is generally batty anyway, but he has his moments when he isn't completely off the wall. First he starts out like he is a Brady buncher and talking about the UN crap and how their disarmament crap is "working" in Africa. He bursts out laughing when he reads there is no disorderly conduct or brandishing label in PA. He giggles when reading about OC. Then he says to me about why would people carry guns on them? I tell him, and he goes into wild BS stories like about some guy in Chicago going into some place and opening fire with a submachine gun and how 44 people were carrying in this place and not 1 could stop the nutjob. Then one where he referenced what sounded like Susan Hupp as having seen her parents killed with their own gun and it was in Baltimore, and was testifying at a bill hearing on some gun related bill ( the only woman I could think of with 2 parents murdered when she was present, who has testified at a gun bill hearing in MD is Susan Hupp, unless he is referencing something from a 1970 bill hearing LOL). Then he goes into this thing about all these people he knows with MD carry lisc's, including 3 of his neighbors, and how when he worked at Baltimore city public schools, all these teachers and principles carried guns and one principle had a briefcase full of guns.

Lordy, never talk to crazy people about ANYTHING! Though I must admit it was rather entertaining, esp all the MD people he knows with MD carry lisc's LOL. His nutty BS stories remind me of the bizarre dreams I often have where things are illogical and plain weird. I don't know what his mental troubles are, but geeze with tonight! I couldn't tell when he was coming or going, or if he is totally anti gun, or somewhere bouncing back and forth.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast