Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Good sling for a Beretta CX4 Storm?

Greetings all

Anyone know of a good sling for a Beretta CX4? I'm just wondering, that's all. It's not like I have a barely used .40 S&W Storm or anything. Why, I can't have one, since there are no pictures of it, but since I don't have anything better to do, I thought I would ask an academic question - you know, like if I ever did get a Storm, and wanted a sling for it, so I would know what I was in for ahead of time.

Default Re: Good sling for a Beretta CX4 Storm?

Nobody has a CX4 or a sling for it???

(Lehigh County)

I've got the 9mm version, and here are links to the accessory sites I think have the best merchandise and prices. If you go down to the bottom of the page on each link, you'll see the slings they offer.

http://www.combathunting.com/Product...Cx4_STORM.html

http://www.houtsenterprises.com/cx4_beretta.html

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?pid=939

I haven't finished tricking mine out yet... pictures eventually.

In case you haven't got the barrel shroud yet, a guy on e-bay is selling a third-party version that is very nice quality for $45. I just got one and am very pleased with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Beretta-CX-4-Storm-Barrel-Shroud-CX4-CX-4-l-40-cal_W0QQitemZ360108548472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item360108548472&_trksid=p3286.c 0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|24 0%3A1318
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; November 20th, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks for the links Robert. I have seen some of these slings, and some I haven't. I was also hoping for some real life experience as well. I'm not going to be running around apprehending suspects, or going on combat patrol. But I do intend to carry it about hands free from my truck to the range, or if the dog is sniffing something up on the property that I think might not belong there.

The one thing that bugs me is that either I have to wrap some stuff around either end of the stock or buy an expensive swivel bracket to go along with one of these when the gun already has several sling points! I want to keep my side rails free (from webbing wrapped around them at least!) for a light or a laser, since this is going to be the HD gun for the ladies. Well, me too, but they don't practice with the pistols like I do.

I've looked at the barrel shrouds, but I sort of like the way it looks without one.

(Lehigh County)

Yeah, I don't like the wrap-around-the-stock slings either... but I love the shroud.

I ordered a sling myself (I forget which one, because I ordered stuff from three different places last week and I'm waiting on the arrival) and when I get it all set up I'll post pictures.

As annoying as having to buy expensive extra parts (like the whole bottom-rail plastic thingy for $50 (argh!)) is, if it's quality stuff and gives you want you want in the end, you soon forget about the cost... whereas if you don't really get what you want as far as a final set-up, it's always a source of annoyance, even if you saved a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    As annoying as having to buy expensive extra parts (like the whole bottom-rail plastic thingy for $50 (argh!)) is, if it's quality stuff and gives you want you want in the end, you soon forget about the cost... whereas if you don't really get what you want as far as a final set-up, it's always a source of annoyance, even if you saved a few bucks.
    I agree completely, but it is an even bigger source of annoyance to have expensive things you don't like sitting around! And Mrs. Plinker is looking at me with a gimlet eye right now when it comes to guns and money. I've got to sell something off to pay for this CX4.

(Lehigh County)

And Mrs. Plinker is looking at me with a gimlet eye right now...
    Can't help you there, pal.

/I like to keep my eye on a gimlet as well...

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    ....But I do intend to carry it about ....
    Carry WHAT about???

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Carry WHAT about???
    Shirley you jest! And if you are picking on me, I will make sure Jester is on the loose next time you arrive!