Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: It has happened to me.....

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gov't Confiscated My Guns

0 0%
  • People I know Disappeared

0 0%
  • I'm Being Followed!

2 6.90%
  • I Saw a Detention Camp

1 3.45%
  • My Wife is a Informant

0 0%
  • I have Disappeared

9 31.03%
  • My Posts are Censored

3 10.34%
  • Gov't Searched my Home WITHOUT a Warrant

0 0%
  • I was NOT Allowed to Vote

1 3.45%
  • My Dog is One of THEM!

13 44.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default USA = Commie / Nazi Police State?

There has been much talk of the USA now or soon being a Communist Stalinist Nazi Police State trampling our rights and oppressing our women and children.

Very serious concerns indeed. Luckily we have many here ready to go to the mattress to "take back our country".

So, I thought it only prudent that we keep track of the enemy so that we can better prepare. Since Paul Revere is long gone I thought maybe we can use this thread as a early warning system.

Lets post our personal experiences so all can be warned to better prepare for our defense.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: USA = Commie / Nazi Police State?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Lets post our personal experiences so all can be warned to better prepare for our defense.
    I see what you did there.

There is a fallacy in the argument that "it hasn't happened to me." The vast majority of people never experience that kind of thing in honest to God police states.

For example, how many people living in Nazi Germany were actually sent to death camps, or even so much as harassed by the Gestapo? A reasonable estimate is maybe 5% of the population. So 19 out of 20 Germans living in the third Reich could say, "None of that ever happened to ME!"

The US is nowhere near the condition of the third Reich, obviously. But even if it were exactly like the third Reich, the vast majority could honestly say that none of this stuff has actually happened to them.

So you shouldn't expect anyone on PAFOA to chime in and say, "Yeah, I was wiretapped/renditioned/gitmoed." It's worth asking how any of us are supposed to know whether we've ever been wiretapped, of course, and some of us may well have been--but we would expect that practically none of us actually have. The problem isn't that the government is "reading our mail and listening to our phone calls." The problem is that they now can, any time they want to, without a warrant and probable cause as required by the fourth Amendment.

And that's every single one of us. Probably none of us have had our fourth-amendment rights violated by Homeland Security, but all of us can have them violated, because they've been granted unconstitutional powers. Powers that too many on PAFOA were in favor of when they were in Bush's hands. Are those people happy, now that BHO can use those very powers to disarm us or otherwise trample our rights? Are you really comforted knowing that he hasn't gotten around to it yet?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Powers that too many on PAFOA were in favor of when they were in Bush's hands. Are those people happy, now that BHO can use those very powers to disarm us or otherwise trample our rights? Are you really comforted knowing that he hasn't gotten around to it yet?
    Hold on, just because he was apparently a member of the Republican party doesn't mean he gets my vote. There were suitable alternatives and the draconian legislation inserted post 9-11 was a deal breaker.

Curious, does anyone know of Obama has pledged to revoke the patriot acts?
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Probably none of us have had our fourth-amendment rights violated by Homeland Security, but all of us can have them violated...
    Excellent point. Later I'll post a poll on all the bad things that CAN happen to us without it actually have happened.

(Philadelphia County)

Good thread.

You forgot to add...

"Once a year, the .gov shakes me down for protection money. They want at least 30% of my earnings, and if I do not comply, they'll send a swat team to kill me, me family and me dogs."
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Good thread.

You forgot to add...

"Once a year, the .gov shakes me down for protection money. They want at least 30% of my earnings, and if I do not comply, they'll send a swat team to kill me, me family and me dogs."
    Another great point. However I think we should concentrate on the new threats to our liberty since that Muslim Terrorist Dictator illegally stole the Presidency.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Another great point. However I think we should concentrate on the new threats to our liberty since that KENYAN Muslim Terrorist Dictator illegally stole the Presidency.
    Fixed it for ya!

Also, don't forget he created this economic mess, he was the first to screw the monkey that gave the world aids, he pulled the trigger on JFK, and he held the title of "Key Grip" on the fake Nasa moon landing videos.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Fixed it for ya!

Also, don't forget he created this economic mess, he was the first to screw the monkey that gave the world aids, he pulled the trigger on JFK, and he held the title of "Key Grip" on the fake Nasa moon landing videos.
    Ahhh yes, thanks for catching that. Also liked the way you wrote "KENYAN" is black. Us like minded true patriots will know what that means

(Chester County)

I think BHO has wire tapped my dogs so they can listen in on me constantly yelling at my TV when I turn on Fox News or CNN!
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Philadelphia County)

I think there is something close to a police state in certain ghettos and has been for some time. In the interest of the "Drug War", judges hand out search warrants like candy, often on tips from snitches who turn out to be wrong, and cops frisk "suspected gang members" on the streets for doing nothing other than hanging out, cops break up gatherings on the street even when no obvious crime is being committed, and in some areas general curfews are even being enforced.

Then there's also the fact we have the highest incarceration rate in the world-- which is kind of disturbing. When a Western liberal democracy has 500,000 more people behind bars than China and 650,000 more than Russia, we should all be asking ourselves "Uh, what the fuck is up with that?"

So while I don't think we are at the point of a full-scale "police state" in this country, there are areas of this country in which we're pretty damn close, so we do need to be careful, and ending the Drug War and militarization of the police would be a step in the right direction, though I think we need to do more than that.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast