Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PHILA CITY COUNCIL ROOM -- NOT the cour rooms Preemption Violation -- medal detectors

I was at the Phila City Council meeting room today and had to go through a medal detector. A big sign stating WEAPONS PROHIBITED and NO LOCKERS FOR CHECKING AVAILABLE. Anyone want to help me with this fight also. Still no offers of assistance with the Phila City Hall Court Rooms.

Anyone available to assist with research, court filings, etc.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: PHILA CITY COUNCIL ROOM -- NOT the cour rooms Preemption Violation -- medal detec

Wow. I think we just need to uproot Philly and make them part of Jersey!! All in favor....

(York County)

Default Re: PHILA CITY COUNCIL ROOM -- NOT the cour rooms Preemption Violation -- medal detec

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Wow. I think we just need to uproot Philly and make them part of Jersey!! All in favor....
    Huh. I thought it already was.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Allegheny County)

what exactly do you want help with? (that someone other than a lawyer can help with.)
    F*S=k

(Philadelphia County)

there was an outpooring of support when a town was going to put medal detectors in central pa. people went to city council meetings etc. I am asking for the same support.

a one man show will not really work in phila. again as i have posted before. there is power in numbers. it is very easy for the city to ignore one person. but if multiple people voice their grievance then their is a better chance they will address the issue.

Greg

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    I was at the Phila City Council meeting room today and had to go through a medal detector. A big sign stating WEAPONS PROHIBITED and NO LOCKERS FOR CHECKING AVAILABLE. Anyone want to help me with this fight also. Still no offers of assistance with the Phila City Hall Court Rooms.

Anyone available to assist with research, court filings, etc.
    Greg,
    I will assist. Lets talk on the phone this weekend and formulate a strategy. I have your # from an earlier PM. If The City Council meeting room is in City Hall, lockers should be provided at the entrance to City Hall because it contains court facilities by definition in 913. I don't think the Council meeting room itself meets the definition in 913, so what I'm thinking is they have to provide storage at City Hall entrances, regardless of which type of department you may be conducting business in, while at City Hall. Am I correct in my assumptions?

(Berks County)

From my memory those metal detectors for city council chambers are on both access points to the chambers and have been there for at least 4 years now.

Before doing anything on this issue give the President of City Council a call.

Her name is Anna Verna 215) 686-3412

Since she sets policy she or her assitant should have the 'official' policy is on weapons storage for those either visiting Council members or for those who want to go to Council Chambers for their meetings.

If you can't get a straigh answer from her then try:

Frank Rizzo Jr. (215) 686-3440

From memory most criminal cases have been moved to the new criminal justice center and they do have a storage area, but be prepared for either a hassle or the 'dunno what you are talking about routine'.

Most civil cases should also be in the new justice center, but for those still in City Hall I have not seen metal detectors in those chambers.

good luck and if I can help in calls or letter writing let me know
    gotta love her ;)

(Philadelphia County)

I have been to Anna Verna's office. Yesterday as a matter of fact. They agree that lockers should be available but say "it's not our job". The president judge states it's the sheriff's job. The sheriff says it's city council. city council is telling me it's public property dept under the mayor's office issue.

round and round we go.

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    From my memory those metal detectors for city council chambers are on both access points to the chambers and have been there for at least 4 years now.

Before doing anything on this issue give the President of City Council a call.

Her name is Anna Verna 215) 686-3412

Since she sets policy she or her assitant should have the 'official' policy is on weapons storage for those either visiting Council members or for those who want to go to Council Chambers for their meetings.

If you can't get a straigh answer from her then try:

Frank Rizzo Jr. (215) 686-3440

From memory most criminal cases have been moved to the new criminal justice center and they do have a storage area, but be prepared for either a hassle or the 'dunno what you are talking about routine'.

Most civil cases should also be in the new justice center, but for those still in City Hall I have not seen metal detectors in those chambers.

good luck and if I can help in calls or letter writing let me know

(Berks County)

Sounds like you may need to write a letter to Ms Verna detailing the run around you're getting and CC it to everyone you just mentioned with the standard "CC name 1, name 2, name 3" list at the bottom so they all know that they all got copies and none can say they didn't know about the issue. Put them all on notice that you're not just going to go away and they'll eventually do something just to shut you up.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Heh, we don't want it either.....

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)