Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default So your opinon on Bersa's

Just want to see what the general feel for them is here, do ya like em? think they are junk? Concealed Carry approved?

I'm a little biased so I figured I'd let the Glock and 1911 boys tear me a new one should they feel the need
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Default Re: So your opinon on Bersa's

Bersa's make some good pistols. I have a model 83, which is an older model that is made out of steel. Bersa's shoot well and are a good value for someone on a tight budget. I could think of worst pistols to own. The Bersa Thunder .380 is a nice sized pistol. There is also a smaller compact version of the Thunder 380 as well. Their 9mm and 45 pistols are suppose to be good as well. The only true drawback is that you only get 1 mag and the mags tend to be expensive.

(Allegheny County)

That's about spot on. The quality is good and it's a great little shooter. The size is compact enough for CCW and it fits great in the hand.

True about the extra mag's. I paid in the $30-$35 range for mine I think.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Just want to see what the general feel for them is here, do ya like em? think they are junk? Concealed Carry approved?

I'm a little biased so I figured I'd let the Glock and 1911 boys tear me a new one should they feel the need
    He heh heh, you are not the only one. I have a .380 myself, and I practice alot with it. I just like them blowback design a bit better than the tilting barrel (or whatever they call themselves). FWIW, Surplus City has a bunch of Beretta 84F police trade in for $350. Seem like they are in good shape. I handled a few and it fit the hand just right. Feel a little bit better built than the Bersa, imho......

1FingrCHan

(Jefferson County)

Bersa's are some of the best budget pieces that can be had. Form, fit and function - dollar for dollar they beat down many other makes.

My Thunder 380 that I gave to a lady friend never failed once. Never ever.. It was cheap, tight fitted, shot well, and looked pretty good for a $200-250 gun.

(Lawrence County)

About time people recognize a good shooter for the money.

Once they become more popular the mall ninjas will crawl out to tell us how the Bersa will self destruct when the barometer goes below 29.92.

Lycanilikebersasthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post

I certainly enjoyed shooting your Bersa at the group shoot!

(York County)

I have a nickel Bersa Thunder .380. Accurate, dependable, comfortable. I don't care for the cheesy plastic grips but that is my only complaint as mine has never had a failure and hits what I am at.

IMO I think it is one of the best "1st pistol"s available for the person who is new to concealed carry. Mine plits carry time with an XD .40

I would like to replace the grips though...

(Pike County)

I carry my Bersa Thunder 380 at 4 a clock in a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB made for the PPK. It is reasonably comfortable and carries close in with very little printing under a polo shirt.

Reliable! I’ve put over 2700 rounds through my T380, mostly CCI or WWB. I haven’t had any problems with it! I started using Remington 88 Gr. JHP and put about 300 rounds through it last week. I got a spare mag when I bought it and just picked up 2 - 9 round mags from Bersa in NJ.

It shoots a lot more accurate at 30’ – 40’ and recovers a lot faster than my Sigma or S&W wheel gun (forget about the Kel-Tec under 15’ – 20’). And, its lots more fun to shoot 1 handed or from the hip.

I guess it comes down to attire. If I can wear a vest or jacket, I usually carry my Sigma OWB. If just an un-tucked shirt, I most likely carry the Bersa IWB. For higher concealment I can carry either in a Gunny Sack fanny pack. If I need to go lighter, I carry my Kel-Tec in my left rear pocket – (even the wife don’t know it’s there). The Bersa and the Kel-Tec are what I carry the most, although the Kel-Tec is starting to win out mostly due to convenience.

(Philadelphia County)

The first handgun I ever shot was a Bersa Thunder .380 and I loved it, I still plan on buying one one day. They're a great gun for the money and should not be overlooked.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast