Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY NRA Rant

(Chester County)

Angry MY NRA Rant

Just checked my mail and mixed in with the usual Bills and crap, I see a big yellow envelope that says in big black bold letters GUN CONFISCATION LETTER ENCLOSED. I nearly had a heart attack, but I realized quickly its probably an advertisement and sure enough it was from the NRA.
    Now don't get me wrong I am an NRA Member and support them 110%
    But God damn it! I know they want to raise money, but the issue I have is that I don't want the mailman or my neighbors seeing I own guns, more importantly criminals
    I know they are trying to keep us aware of all the shit going on but they need to be more discreet about it
    Thats my rant
    thank you

(Northampton County)

Default Re: MY NRA Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Just checked my mail and mixed in with the usual Bills and crap, I see a big yellow envelope that says in big black bold letters GUN CONFISCATION LETTER ENCLOSED. I nearly had a heart attack, but I realized quickly its probably an advertisement and sure enough it was from the NRA.
    Now don't get me wrong I am an NRA Member and support them 110%
    But God damn it! I know they want to raise money, but the issue I have is that I don't want the mailman or my neighbors seeing I own guns, more importantly criminals
    I know they are trying to keep us aware of all the shit going on but they need to be more discreet about it
    Thats my rant
    thank you
    This actually massively turned me off to them in the early 2000s and I did not renew my membership for over a decade (until last year). They have a long reputation for alarmist and bullying tactics in advertising as well as in member relations.

Right now we need them on the national stage and right now they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing in that role. Please continue to support them, but call/email/write and tell them they are pissing you off and need to assure you they will back off the douchebaggery.

(Allegheny County)

I don't think the OP is offended by the scare tactics - it's the giant, screaming text on the envelope that shouts "I HAVE GUNS HERE!!!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    This actually massively turned me off to them in the early 2000s and I did not renew my membership for over a decade (until last year). They have a long reputation for alarmist and bullying tactics in advertising as well as in member relations.

Right now we need them on the national stage and right now they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing in that role. Please continue to support them, but call/email/write and tell them they are pissing you off and need to assure you they will back off the douchebaggery.
    Oh I agree Thats exactly what I was going to write. We really do need them fighting for us because we are in the worst times to be a gun owner in America, but at least the GOA is a little more discrete about it.
    No worries I will continue to support them, but the average street thug doesn't need to know I do

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't think the OP is offended by the scare tactics - it's the giant, screaming text on the envelope that shouts "I HAVE GUNS HERE!!!"
    ^^^ ^^^^^^THIS

(Lackawanna County)

Repack everything into the postage paid return envelope, and return.

(Lawrence County)

One 5 minute phone call telling them to take you off their mailing list is all it takes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    One 5 minute phone call telling them to take you off their mailing list is all it takes.
    Again, not the OP's complaint, but yeah, if he didn't want any junk, he can make arrangements.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I wonder if they would just send me things via email I mean they do kinda
    but is there a way to let them know email ok paper no good?

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I wonder if they would just send me things via email I mean they do kinda
    but is there a way to let them know email ok paper no good?
    I still get a few things here and there by email but I really couldn't say what they were because I used a throw away account and never read them. To get taken off their mailing list call 1-800-672-3888 and select option 2. That will get you to the right people. They answer the phone right away and it only takes a minute. They could probably answer your question on email also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast