Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default California school toy gun buyback

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/cal...oy-gun-buyback

I dont know if this was already posted, but a california elementary school is holding a toy gun buyback

"An elementary school will hold a toy gun exchange Saturday, offering students a book and a chance to win a bicycle if they turn in their play weapons.

Strobridge Elementary Principal Charles Hill maintains that children who play with toy guns may not take real guns seriously.

“Playing with toys guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” Hill said.

At Saturday’s event, called Strobridge Elementary Safety Day, a Hayward police officer will demonstrate bicycle and gun safety, and the Alameda County Fire Department is sending a rig and crew to talk about fire safety.

Fingerprinting and photographing of children will be offered, with the information put on CDs for parents to use, if needed, in a missing child case. All youngsters attending will be given a ticket to exchange for a book, Hill said.

Every child who brings a toy gun will get a raffle ticket to win one of four bicycles, Hill said.

Hill said he got the idea for the toy gun exchange from a photographer, Horace Gibson, who takes students’ school pictures and who expressed concern about the spate of shootings of young people by police in Oakland.

Hill said police are rightfully fearful of being shot when they encounter so many armed suspects, and there have been cases nationwide where police mistook a toy gun for a real one."

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: California school toy gun buyback

Playing cowboy and indians in no way prepared me for firing my first firearm. I don't know where these people get these ideas but I'm sure its somewhere around the anus region.

(Crawford County)

And the indoctrination process continues on and on and on.....teach the children that gun ownership is "bad", and you will have adults who refuse to own guns...plus the amount of pressure children can bring to bear on their own gun-owning parents.....

These fuckers just never quit! I wish I could take a sawzall or something similar and just cut the entire West coast off the damned country! Let it drift out to sea or sink or get eaten by Cthulu or whatever the hell else happens out there!

Besides, I've got this great line on seaside property in Nevada....plenty of beach, too....

br"Too much anger and vitriol causes heartburn"sims(stealing a technique from LycanIcameupwiththisfirstthrope)
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

Mere words can not describe my feelings about this.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    I wish I could take a sawzall or something similar and just cut the entire West coast off the damned country! Let it drift out to sea or sink or get eaten by Cthulu or whatever the hell else happens out there!
    I have wanted to do that for years

(Allegheny County)

Are they also taking PopTarts for book coupons? Lego for book coupons? How about pictures of fingers in the shape of a gun for book coupons? Audio recordings of kids talking about guns in exchange for book coupons?

Un fucking believable. Just when you thought you heard it all.

For what it's worth, if they asked me to turn in my gun for a chance to win a bike at that age, I'd have told the whole fucking school to kiss my ass. Ain't no bike as good as a toy gun.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    Are they also taking PopTarts for book coupons? Lego for book coupons? How about pictures of fingers in the shape of a gun for book coupons? Audio recordings of kids talking about guns in exchange for book coupons?
    You forgot removing the letter "L" from the alphabet and the number"7" from numbers.

(Cambria County)

"An elementary school will hold a toy gun exchange Saturday, offering students a book and a chance to win a bicycle if they turn in their play weapons.

Actually it says "play weapons". So can a kid take in a stick and claim a chance to win a bike?

How about a piece of pizza shaped like a gun??

I gotta get my kid out of public school soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Another deleted post. Damn, I hate the liberal agenda.

BTW...anyone remember "Tracer" guns? They shot those little discs that would soar across three living rooms. Those things were too much fun. If the stores were out of the replacement discs, we'd buy a new gun just to get the discs that came with it. We must have had 10 or 15 of those guns. The teachers at the school I went to had a small collection of them, as well, from kids who weren't bright enough to use them when no one was looking. No one ever got in trouble for it. We were just out 2 bucks.

I can't think of a toy gun we didn't buy my kids and they aren't desensitized. Matter of fact, it takes an act of God to get one to go to the range with me, so I think it had the opposite affect. Keeping kids from something so harmless messes them up, not the other way around. Again, what a retarded Principal. Maybe he never got to play with toy guns and he is a closet toy gunner.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast