Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Shoulder Holster

Can anyone recommend a decent shoulder holster for me? I prefer a nylon one just becasue leather looks and feels tacky to me, but if there is a good leather one I may go that direction. It would probably be used for my .45 XD.

Thansk guys!
    "

(Chester County)

Default Re: Shoulder Holster

The absolute best, in terms of quality of workmanship, concealability, and comfort is the Bodyguard by Alessi. They're anything but tacky. Trust me on this. The leather is butter soft and thin, yet somehow manages to be just as durable as the overbuilt stuff from Kramer, Rosen, or any of the mainstream commercial outlets (Galco et al.). I own 5 of the Bodyguard holsters. They're that good. Lou Alessi passed away in February of this year, and the holster making is being done and supervised by Tom Kulwicki, who has worked with and been friends with the Alessi's for years. I can't tell the difference between his work and Lou's. Nice guy, too.

If you prefer something other than leather, Ken Null makes a variety of nice and concealable nylon/plastic shoulder holsters. So does Survival Sheath Systems.

Here's a general review of shoulder holsters if you want to check it out.

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/shr.htm
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Schuylkill County)

As Rule105b stated the Bodyguard by Alessi Is one of the best, But I would also have to reccomend the Jacass rig by Galco, and the Miami Classic also by Galco, Comfortable durable and not tacky by any means, There is also Gould and Goldrich, and others such as Kramer Handgun Leather, To me a Firearm should never ride in anything but Leather, but thats just me, Even the polymere wonder guns should be in Leather, It's just more Classy in a leather Holster, IMHO.

(Allegheny County)

I carry my 44 in a Lawman Leather Goods Dirty Harry.

www.LawmanLeatherGoods.com

(Erie County)

Another vote for the Bodyguard here. I have one for my Commander and it's a very high quality piece of leather, comfortable too.