Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    But you can with this...
    Attachment 162269

Or this [without the light]...
    Attachment 162270
    guessing there is no gas system on these

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Why do you think PA resists allowing semi auto rifles for deer hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    guessing there is no gas system on these
    The gas key and charging handle are different. Gasses are directed out the ejection port instead of into the bolt.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

The gas key and charging handle are different. Gasses are directed out the ejection port instead of into the bolt.
    nice. are they 223 or something else?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    nice. are they 223 or something else?
    Im guessing .223/5.56 judging by the magazine but not sure. These were the best stock photos I could find using the Kali Key setup.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Im guessing .223/5.56 judging by the magazine but not sure. These were the best stock photos I could find using the Kali Key setup.
    o wasnt sure if they were yours

(Bucks County)

I attended the meeting in Harrisburg.It was going to pass,then the board said they sent out a survey to hunters that didn't like the idea.They voted it down.I never got a survey.I called Harrisburg,they said they were sent randomly.I think they LIED.I will never trust the Game Commission again.I taught my grand son if a game warden says hello answer him,I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING,I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING,I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.I have had game wardens say hello to me and I answer this way.They can NO longer be trusted.I told one this.He said it wasn't fair to the average officer to say this.I told him to go tell his boss I don't like being led on then screwed.

(Northampton County)

I think it's because if your a good shot you don't need a 30 round magazine. Think about the old guy who has been hunting most of his life and takes a deer with one shot. Now think about him sitting in his tree stand or worse yet sitting in a blind.
    Now think about the guy who sees the deer and starts popping off rounds as it's running because he missed his "one shot " . I'm not saying you shouldn't own a Military style weapon, I'm just saying it's not for hunting. This is my opinion and reply to the thread.
    I was always taught " Safety First " !

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario512 View Post
    I think it's because if your a good shot you don't need a 30 round magazine. Think about the old guy who has been hunting most of his life and takes a deer with one shot. Now think about him sitting in his tree stand or worse yet sitting in a blind.
    Now think about the guy who sees the deer and starts popping off rounds as it's running because he missed his "one shot " . I'm not saying you shouldn't own a Military style weapon, I'm just saying it's not for hunting. This is my opinion and reply to the thread.
    why not have mag restrictions for hunting if they are allowed. currently there is no limits for mag capacity for rifles while hunting big game.

(Clinton County)

What does a 30 round magazine have to do with a semi automatic rifle or being a good shot? We already have limitless magazine capacity for some semi automatic hunting and you can hang a drum magazine from any single shot that can take it, here in PA. The blood hasn't been running from the woods yet.

In PA, you can use a semi auto shotgun for big game, no mag restrictions. You can use a semi auto rifle for furbearers, no magazine restriction. There has yet to be a valid argument against semi auto rifles for big game. Tradition, advantage, safety, these things are not an issue for almost every other game season or state but feelings are more important than facts I guess.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario512 View Post
    Sorry but this is dumb.

They can make a mag size restriction. Or just trust us like every other state in the union. When I hunt coyotes with my AR it is because it is light and accurate and I practice with it. I don*t like the bulk of a standard length mag so I use a 5 rounder.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast