Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default ruger finally releases the 3inch LCRX in 9mm

still wish it was a 6-rounder....

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5445.html

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ruger finally releases the 3inch LCRX in 9mm

What is the deal with the overly thick frame? Is it plastic?

Doesn't look right so hard pass. Why is this better than a compact 38?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    The grip is polymer (same as 90% of semi autos) and the cylinder housing is alloy and there is a stainless steel barrel that is surrounded by the polymer... it is light than any other 3inch revolver and extremely durable.

Let me guess, 1911s are your thing?
    Yes, And I also have a thing for S&W revolvers.

Why bother with this bulky pistol when you can get a J framed revolver with a 3 inch barrel that weighs the same and not about an inch less tall? In 357 Magnum! And if you don't mind a shorter barrel you can get one in a .38 that is even more compact and probably 1/2 a pound lighter.

(Bucks County)

Oh. And I also have a thing for Rugers. Love my Blackhawk, Mark II pistol, 1st generation Bearcat, and my 10/22.

(Philadelphia County)

I think that maybe the point of this revolver design is lost on some people...

It is monolithic frame made from 400-series stainless steel integrated with a polymer fire control housing which reduces weight significantly and helps reduce recoil
    Also the cylinder is high-strength stainless with a PVD finish for durability and fluted to reduce weight.

Is it a 'show piece'? No, it's a kit gun. People say that revolvers can be neglected but that isn't true of the type you guys are talking about...
    Nickel finishes and bluing need oil and care in storing or else they pit etc. This doesnt need any of that. It can live in a bag or you can take it fishing/ hiking etc without concern.

I actually like the looks - I also like my high polish nickel plated pietta birdshead SA but this is different and intended to be different.

I also like it in 9mm because it is fun to shoot and everywhere (at the moment) and you can still run it with or without moonclips (poke out empties with a pen).

Again the only thing I dislike is that it is not 6 or even 7 rounds; I am still waiting for the ultimate revolver for me personally, which would be a Taurus 692 convertible ULTRALITE.

I think that maybe the point of this revolver design is lost on some people...

It is monolithic frame made from 400-series stainless steel integrated with a polymer fire control housing which reduces weight significantly and helps reduce recoil
    Also the cylinder is high-strength stainless with a PVD finish for durability and fluted to reduce weight.

Is it a 'show piece'? No, it's a kit gun. People say that revolvers can be neglected but that isn't true of the type you guys are talking about...
    Nickel finishes and bluing need oil and care in storing or else they pit etc. This doesnt need any of that. It can live in a bag or you can take it fishing/ hiking etc without concern.

I actually like the looks - I also like my high polish nickel plated pietta birdshead SA but this is different and intended to be different.

I also like it in 9mm because it is fun to shoot and everywhere (at the moment) and you can still run it with or without moonclips (poke out empties with a pen).

Again the only thing I dislike is that it is not 6 or even 7 rounds; I am still waiting for the ultimate revolver for me personally, which would be a Taurus 692 convertible ULTRALITE.
    This is why I went with the LCR in .327 Mag. Six shots, and I can run anything from 32 ACP to 32 S&W Short or Long, to 32 H&R Mag, and .327 Mag. Now if I could only find a 7-shot GP100 in .327 Mag, I'd be a happy man.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This is why I went with the LCR in .327 Mag. Six shots, and I can run anything from 32 ACP to 32 S&W Short or Long, to 32 H&R Mag, and .327 Mag. Now if I could only find a 7-shot GP100 in .327 Mag, I'd be a happy man.
    there is 4in one on GB right now... $1500

there is 4in one on GB right now... $1500
    And anyone who pays that kind of price for a GP100 is crazy. I may be insane, but I'm not crazy...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    And anyone who pays that kind of price for a GP100 is crazy. I may be insane, but I'm not crazy...
    sometimes the heart wants what the hearts wants...

sometimes the heart wants what the hearts wants...
    In this case, someone needs to get their heart checked, because their brain isn't getting enough oxygen.

I've been watching the market for .327 Mag GP100s for a few months. There have been six or seven on GB recently. That 4" you mentioned was listed at the same time as a 6" by the same guy. I told my wife that no one was going bid on the 6" at $1600+. Boy was I wrong; that thing went for stupid money. The 4" ended with no bids. Guess the guy relisted it. 4" versions have consistently gone for $1100-1200 in the past three weeks. No way I'm paying that for a a basic GP100, no matter what the caliber may be. A .357 mag GP100 can be had for $600. I was willing to go a little more for the Lipsey's version because those are rarer and nicer than the basic stainless GP100s. I have one in 10mm and it's one of my favorites. But I'm not spending $1400 for one.

I'm patient. I will wait an eternity to find the right deal. My hope is with S&W and Taurus adding .32 H&R and .327 mag offering to their catalogs that Ruger will bring back the GP100 in .327. We'll see how that works out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast