Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    they dont want to know how any of it works. this way they can spew lies to make other uninformed people more scared.
    if they tell the same lie enough times, it becomes fact in their eyes
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

About GD time...

GOAsuit.jpg

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Those cops are all about non-enforcement until their pension is at risk. Not that I blame them, you don't mess with a man's paycheck. But I don't doubt for a second that some cop is gonna mow me down before he'll miss a paycheck.

(York County)

Biden’s plan to go after pistol stabilizing braces hit with a lawsuit from 25 states
    By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Friday, February 10, 2023
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-braces-hit/

A group of red states and advocates from the firearms industry have sued over the Biden administration’s move to ban pistol stabilizing braces, arguing it runs afoul of federal law.

The federal lawsuit filed in North Dakota alleges Attorney General Merrick Garland and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives inexplicably changed their views on stabilizing braces after more than a decade of saying the devices don’t alter the classification of a pistol.

ATF and the Justice Department are currently implementing a rule that would characterize any pistol with a stabilizing brace as subject to the National Firearms Act. The change would require every owner of a stabilizing brace to pay a $200 fee and submit their name and other identifying information to the Justice Department.

A stabilizing brace is a device attached to a pistol to help the shooter secure his or her arm.

The lawsuit claims the change would call for the “destruction or forfeiture of over 750,000 firearms and will cost the private sector somewhere between two and five billion dollars.”

“Let’s call this what it is: an effort to undermine Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” said West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, who joined 24 other states in the lawsuit. “This is an egregious final rule turning millions of common firearms accessories into ‘short barreled rifles.’ This is a completely nonsensical regulation.”

“This is part of the continued attack by the Biden administration against lawful gun owners,” he added.

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit include North Dakota, Alaska, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Idaho, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana, Montana, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nebraska, South Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Utah and Wyoming.

Also joining the lawsuit is the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition, a nonprofit firearms trade group, and SB Tactical, a limited liability company manufacturing stabilizing braces.

The Justice Department did not respond to a request for comment.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Biden*s plan to go after pistol stabilizing braces hit with a lawsuit from 25 states
    By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Friday, February 10, 2023
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-braces-hit/
    25 so far so literally half the country

(Franklin County)

The simplest and best thing I've heard someone say to describe this ruling is, "Tens of millions of law abiding citizens will become criminals over night for literally doing absolutely nothing."
    The Hostler

(Bradford County)

Where are they coming up with this "750K" figure? Even a hick up in the woods like me would bet a good deal of $$$ that there are a LOT more than 750K braces 'out there.' Seems like a very low and very out-of-the-ass number.

Also wonder what kind of sales records the various brace companies were keeping that may at some point be ordered by a dickhead judge to be turned over to ATF?
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Where are they coming up with this "750K" figure? Even a hick up in the woods like me would bet a good deal of $$$ that there are a LOT more than 750K braces 'out there.' Seems like a very low and very out-of-the-ass number.

Also wonder what kind of sales records the various brace companies were keeping that may at some point be ordered by a dickhead judge to be turned over to ATF?
    They estimated low so Biden can claim it as huge success.

Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast