Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Some questions about Erie

Hey everyone. I'd like to first thank you all for your posts in this forum, they've been very helpful to me so far!

I'm currently living in nyc and considering relocation to Erie. I'm sick of renting in an expensive city and paying taxes to a government that severely restricts how I can enjoy my hobby. The idea of dining at an above-average restaurant while carrying openly, for example... well, I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm interested in Erie's economy. The local paper "GoErie.com" doesn't have many happy things to say about it. I'd like to rent out a unit in my home, but I'm concerned about long-term vacancy or deadbeat tenants. Would this be a problem for me?

Thank you all in advance for any information or advice!
    Last edited by nycrefugee; November 20th, 2008 at 10:10 PM.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Some questions about Erie

Hello and welcome,
    have lived in Erie since 1985. formally from niagara falls area then to texas then to erie. don't know of any special laws. you will have to go to sheriff's office to get a LTCF(licence to carry firearm) I normaly open carry when not working. have had only one minor problem. no seems to notice most of the time. Your ny permit will no longer be any good once your reside in pa. I just brought my long guns with me. registered one pistol because I didn't know any better at the time. This is a great forum have learned so much on here.
    chuck

(Luzerne County)

Please respond to the gun Q's in the thread in the Q&A section. Which is better suited for those Q's.

http://forum.pafoa.org/question-answ...laws-erie.html

OP: Maybe edit your post to have the Erire specific Q's only since you have the gun Q's in the Q&A section. Just to keep redundancy down. Normally we would close one thread, but you have two types of Q's here and the Erie ones are better in this section and the gun ones are better suited for the Q&A section where you posted the other thread so I'll rather leave both open but different.... I hope that made sense (long day)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    OP: Maybe edit your post to have the Erire specific Q's only since you have the gun Q's in the Q&A section. Just to keep redundancy down.
    Ahh, thank you! I wasn't aware of the full preemption thing, I assumed localities could enforce stricter regulations, the way nyc does. I'll edit my post here to contain only Erie specific questions. Thanks!

I would reconsider your choice of locations. Erie is going downhill...fast. Don't get me wrong, Erie has some nice qualities but the bad outweigh them by a landslide.

Crime is on a steady rise.
    Police force is at a bare minimum.
    Fire depts are at a minimum.
    Jobs? Not many.
    City Gov? Disaster.
    North east side of the city? Don't even think of traveling east of parade st and north of 26th at night.
    West side? Getting like the east side.
    Sunsets? Beautiful.
    Waldameer park? It's ok once or twice.
    Erie zoo? Nice.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein