Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Holster for Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan

Looking for a good quality leather holster for my super redhawk alaskan. Im pretty set on the hip and some strap to secure it, unless others have stories that convince me otherwise. Pics and suggestions please!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Holster for Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan

The Simply Rugged Soudough Pancake holster is what you are looking for. The holsters are built so well, a retention strap is not necessary (I have about six of their holsters). However, Rob will put on one your holster yet in my experience there is no need for one.

These are well built holster at a very reasonable price point. Here is a link to their website:

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...151&parent=669

By the way, this holster is excellent for just about any revolver... not just the Alaskan.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    The Simply Rugged Soudough Pancake holster is what you are looking for. The holsters are built so well, a retention strap is not necessary (I have about six of their holsters). However, Rob will put on one your holster yet in my experience there is no need for one.

These are well built holster at a very reasonable price point. Here is a link to their website:

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...151&parent=669

By the way, this holster is excellent for just about any revolver... not just the Alaskan.
    What he said, but I only have one. It isn't a "pretty" holster, though. They are minimally boned so they don't hug each curve on the gun.

Thanks guys, how tight does it hold the gun? If you fell down a hill or were in a struggle on the ground could it fall out easy?

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 03machstock View Post
    Thanks guys, how tight does it hold the gun? If you fell down a hill or were in a struggle on the ground could it fall out easy?
    I have no problem running with it, but I wouldn't trust it to hold the gun in a tumble, unless you get the retention strap. With the strap, that gun won't go anywhere.

Also, the strap is easily installed and removed with a phillips screwdriver.