Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mink Oil

Default Mink Oil

Some heretic told me that Mauser knows all about ths stuff.

What's the scope?
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Mink Oil

have seen it in action. good stuff.
    have to make sure you get the right stuff.
    so i'm just tagging alone for the low down on the hoe down lookn to get down.
    word2 the g unit.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lebanon County)

If you're talking about what I think you are, just ask Fr0sty what happens when ya don't use anything!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    If you're talking about what I think you are, just ask Fr0sty what happens when ya don't use anything!
    oh ohh ohh i know this one.

A:
    you buy a couple extra sets of dies, so you can keep going to till one of your friends digs the junk out of the first, and likely second set.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    oh ohh ohh i know this one.

A:
    you buy a couple extra sets of dies, so you can keep going to till one of your friends digs the junk out of the first, and likely second set.
    Truth!

I needs no stinking lube!!!

But yea, I am also tagging along on this thread so I can buy a 50 year supply of this shizzle

(Lebanon County)

By far the best case sizing lube I've tried. It's basic ingredients are lanolin and silicone, it'll actually make your fingers softer and help heal dry cracked skin. There are several brands on the market, Red Wing, Kiwi and Cavalier are the ones that come to mind immediately. It can be found in shoe stores, leather stores or in the appropriate sections of many department stores. Look for shoes or leather goods and then find the leather care products.

A can is is between 1 and 2 ounces, (that should be a lifetime supply for most people) and will cost somewhere between $3.50 - $7.50.
    Another alternative can be had in the sporting/camping section of some stores. It's Kiwi Camp Dry Mink Oil. It's a white paste in an 8 ounce plastic tub, the cost per container should be about the same. (Don't get liquid or aerosol). I'm not sure what the ingredients are but it seems to work as well as the stuff made for shoes and it's cheaper per ounce.

The traditional alternative is Imperial Sizing Wax but it isn't as easy to find. I've seen it on line and in catalogs, of course you have to pay shipping on it. The only place I've seen it locally was at Enck's Gun Barn, that was a few years ago and I think it was close to $10.00 for a can and I don't know what size the can is.

Any of those products perform better than any other case sizing lube I've ever tried.
    Here's the real beauty of it: Me being the cheap SOB that I am, try to find Mink Oil at yard sales and flea markets and buy it for less than $1.00, 25¢ is more like it.
    I'll give you guys a sample to try if I ever get out shooting again, or you could stop by the house sometime when I'm home or better yet bring a small container (an empty film canister or small prescription bottle) to the next Jonestown F&G meeting. (Then someone will have to remind me to take the stuff with me. I have a good memory, it's just too short).
    I've given some to a few guys but I'm not sure who right off hand. I'm thinking it was Lethal93ta, Bender, Fr0sty, Dextrimental and TheBuckslayer but I could be wrong.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

sweet.
    i got the right stuff then.
    tractor supply has it under the "work zone" label.
    and it has all the good stuff listed above.....i choise wisely.

(Lebanon County)

The camp dry works as good as the rest of em.

I heard when you get a dillon press though you get whats called the "Nolubeaphobia" and this commonly leads an extreme prejudice against lubes, and causes frequent nightmares of stuck cases. Don't be that guy, there is 1 to many on this forum as it is.. . Guesses anyone?

Brad

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post

I heard when you get a dillon press though you get whats called the "Nolubeaphobia" and this commonly leads an extreme prejudice against lubes, and causes frequent nightmares of stuck cases. Don't be that guy, there is 1 to many on this forum as it is.. . Guesses anyone?

Brad

i've also heard....erra ah, seen, that with a dillon, you don't even need to bother with priming cases.....it's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post

Brad
    What did he get stuck this time....
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast