Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Letter to Express Times CC on Campus

Our College Students Should be able to Protect Themselves

I am not a college student and never have been. Pennsylvania is one of many states that allows it citizens to carry a concealed weapon you must be at least 21 yrs. old, have a clean record, etc. to get a license. Our local institutions of higher learning have all prohibited firearms on campus, yes Lafayette College, Northampton Community College and Lehigh University have all said no to the faculty and the students you cannot protect yourselves we will do it for you.
    The schools will protect you by having an open campus with a sign that says no firearms, now law abiding citizens obey no firearms signs but the Bad Guys look at it as a Welcome Mat. No one is armed except the campus police so when Seconds Count they are only MINUTES Away.
    If you were a bad guy and were going to rob a house would you go to the one with an alarm company sign or the house without an alarm ( welcome mat ) ?
    If you think that it is a crazy idea to allow firearms on campus I would ask that first you do some research to see for yourself that it works. Just like it works in most states, for example in New Jersey you must be rich or politically connected to get a concealed carry firearms license, the same thing in New York and both of them have more crime because the bad guys know you don't have a gun and they DO!

We don't need our future leaders, doctors, engineers etc. to be sitting ducks, we should write to the schools and tell them to change their rules. The State of Pennsylvania's laws are not keeping the students and faculty from arming themselves it is the school administration that is inviting the bad guys in.

Jerry Guerriere
    Easton, PA 18040

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Letter to Express Times CC on Campus

Good letter.........................even so the majority of the student body is under 21 and not eligible for a LTCF. Granted the few that are could make a difference.

As a Lehigh alum in the area, I frequent the campus and be assured any attempts to threaten me will be newsworthy!

(Monroe County)

FYI: Security guards at NCC are not armed. Pepper spray, stun guns and cuffs.

(Bucks County)

im a student at temple. heard reports of a handful of shootings within 5 blocks of campus last semester. they brought in more security in response. now theres a security gaurd on pretty much every other corner. im glad to have them, but as far as i can tell, theyre unarmed, i cant even see if they have mace or a baton, anything other than gloved hands. THATS helpful. i need to double check but i believe there is also an anti-weapon policy. especially with the shadow of virginia tech in my mind, imagine how i feel
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eells View Post
    im a student at temple. heard reports of a handful of shootings within 5 blocks of campus last semester. they brought in more security in response. now theres a security gaurd on pretty much every other corner. im glad to have them, but as far as i can tell, theyre unarmed, i cant even see if they have mace or a baton, anything other than gloved hands. THATS helpful. i need to double check but i believe there is also an anti-weapon policy. especially with the shadow of virginia tech in my mind, imagine how i feel
    Creepy foreshadowing...

Eells: You have good people behind you and wish you a speedy recovery! Let us know if you need anything brother.
    Looking forward to more details when appropriate for release

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post
    FYI: Security guards at NCC are not armed. Pepper spray, stun guns and cuffs.
    And yet we have some armed security at Pleasant Valley SD.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eells View Post
    Speedy recovery and God Bless my friend.
    You have most if not all of the PAFOA behind you.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    Speedy recovery and God Bless my friend.
    You have most if not all of the PAFOA behind you.
    You can add me if somebody tells me WTF is going on. Please.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You can add me if somebody tells me WTF is going on. Please.
    "eells" is Mr. Rob Eells

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/1471...elf-phila.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ime&id=8342157

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/phil...-armed-robber/

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Our College Students Should be able to Protect Themselves

I am not a college student and never have been. Pennsylvania is one of many states that allows it citizens to carry a concealed weapon you must be at least 21 yrs. old, have a clean record, etc. to get a license. Our local institutions of higher learning have all prohibited firearms on campus, yes Lafayette College, Northampton Community College and Lehigh University have all said no to the faculty and the students you cannot protect yourselves we will do it for you.
    The schools will protect you by having an open campus with a sign that says no firearms, now law abiding citizens obey no firearms signs but the Bad Guys look at it as a Welcome Mat. No one is armed except the campus police so when Seconds Count they are only MINUTES Away.
    If you were a bad guy and were going to rob a house would you go to the one with an alarm company sign or the house without an alarm ( welcome mat ) ?
    If you think that it is a crazy idea to allow firearms on campus I would ask that first you do some research to see for yourself that it works. Just like it works in most states, for example in New Jersey you must be rich or politically connected to get a concealed carry firearms license, the same thing in New York and both of them have more crime because the bad guys know you don't have a gun and they DO!

We don't need our future leaders, doctors, engineers etc. to be sitting ducks, we should write to the schools and tell them to change their rules. The State of Pennsylvania's laws are not keeping the students and faculty from arming themselves it is the school administration that is inviting the bad guys in.

Jerry Guerriere
    Easton, PA 18040
    Great point! I like this line "We don't need our future leaders, doctors, engineers etc. to be sitting ducks..."

These future leaders, doctors, engineers, (i.e future tax payers) could end up being the victims of current welfare leeches and/or future wards of the correctional system, (i.e. tax consumers).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast