Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default the hypocrisy of fetterman and his shotgun

So why wasn't he charged with having a loaded long gun in his vehicle?

"Fetterman said he saw a man take off on foot, wearing a face mask and goggles. He thought the person might be associated with the gunfire, so he called 911 and got into his truck and pursued."

https://www.wtae.com/article/braddoc...ots-1/7459686#

Why? because he now claims as mayor to have been "the chief law enforcement officer" of the borough of Braddock.

"A spokesman for Fetterman’s campaign said he started using the term “chief law enforcement officer” last year to push back against opponents like Kenyatta as they accused him of acting like a “vigilante.” His campaign also said he didn’t invent the term in relation to his duties as mayor and pointed out that the Pennsylvania Association of Borough Mayors uses the wording in a handbook to describe the duties of the office."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...race-rcna25649

(Berks County)

Default Re: the hypocrisy of fetterman and his shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    So why wasn't he charged with having a loaded long gun in his vehicle?

"Fetterman said he saw a man take off on foot, wearing a face mask and goggles. He thought the person might be associated with the gunfire, so he called 911 and got into his truck and pursued."

https://www.wtae.com/article/braddoc...ots-1/7459686#

Why? because he now claims as mayor to have been "the chief law enforcement officer" of the borough of Braddock.

"A spokesman for Fetterman*s campaign said he started using the term *chief law enforcement officer* last year to push back against opponents like Kenyatta as they accused him of acting like a *vigilante.* His campaign also said he didn*t invent the term in relation to his duties as mayor and pointed out that the Pennsylvania Association of Borough Mayors uses the wording in a handbook to describe the duties of the office."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...race-rcna25649
    I can't believe that event isn't being showcased.

(Allegheny County)

Way back, you could find a lot of news articles about the event.
    Later, most were scrubbed from existence.

I posted about it many times over the years and in my old posts, I included links - all dead now.
    I regret not copy/pasting the entire articles.

I'm thinking the one above is the only one left and it is NOT what was printed previously.

It was clear in previously published reports that his shotgun was LOADED - IN THE TRUCK.
    The legality (illegality) of having a loaded shotgun was even discussed in the article and reporters ASKED police about it.
    The police brushed it off with something like a "We're looking into it".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I can't believe that event isn't being showcased.
    This attack ad has a shotgun in it, but unless you already know about it, it's meaningless.

https://fraudsterfetterman.com/
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This attack ad has a shotgun in it, but unless you already know about it, it's meaningless.

https://fraudsterfetterman.com/
    How do you keep an idiot busy why, that website of course!

(Westmoreland County)

It was clear in previously published reports that his shotgun was LOADED - IN THE TRUCK. The legality (illegality) of having a loaded shotgun was even discussed in the article and reporters ASKED police about it. The police brushed it off with something like a "We're looking into it".
    "Laws for thee but not for me".
    Last edited by TonyF; August 6th, 2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    "Laws for the but not for me".
    Were Looking into It.
    Sure you Are!!!
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Allegheny County)

Braddock is basically the wild west.

(Westmoreland County)

While there does seem to be some basis in state law providing mayors with some law enforcement authority, the language seems to be very narrow.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...tn=6&subsctn=0

§ 10A06. General powers of mayor.

(a) Oaths and affirmations.--The mayor may administer oaths and affirmations in matters pertaining to borough affairs.

(b) Emergencies.--

(1) In addition to the power granted to mayors by 35 Pa.C.S. Pt. V (relating to emergency management services) and in order to enable the mayor to effectually preserve the public peace within the borough, the mayor shall have the power to prevent and suppress mobs, riots and unlawful and tumultuous assemblies.

But from the Mayor's Manual the following is indicated:

In brief, a law enforcement officer such as the mayor enforces the law without the authority to arrest.

So, in effect, I read this as they do not have authority to detain someone at gunpoint.

http://tarentumboro.com/wp-content/u...anual-2016.pdf

III. Executive Powers and Duties
    Law Enforcement Powers and Duties
    The powers and duties of the mayor with respect to law enforcement are primarily set forth in Sections 10A06 and 10A07 of the Borough Code. In order to enable the mayor to effectually preserve the public peace within the borough, the mayor shall have the power to prevent and suppress mobs, riots and unlawful and tumultuous assemblies 8 Pa.C.S.
    § 10A06(b)(1). The Borough Code charges the mayor with the duties of preserving order in the borough, enforcing borough ordinances and regulations, removing nuisances, and performing any other duties as shall be vested in the mayor's office by law or ordinance 8 Pa.C.S. §10A07(1). The powers and duties of the mayor in the Borough Code with respect to law enforcement have been acknowledged in other laws such as the Election Code. At the request of election officers, the mayor must clear the approach to the polling place, maintain order or quell any disturbance at the polling place on election days 25 Pa.C.S. §3047. Because of these powers and duties, the mayor has been recognized as the “chief law enforcement officer” of the borough Hoffman v. Borough of Macungie, 63 A.3rd 461 at 471 (Pa.Cmwlth. 2013) appeal denied 73 A.3d 812 (2013).

The term chief law enforcement officer is also found in the “Municipal Police Jurisdiction Act,” which is subchapter D of chapter 89 of the Judicial Code 42 Pa.C.S. § 8951 et seq. The MPJA, as the Act is known, delineates the circumstances in which municipal police officers have the power and authority to enforce the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, such as the Crimes Code and Motor Vehicle Code, within their municipalities and even statewide. In Section 8951 of the Judicial Code, “chief law enforcement officer” is defined as “the head of a duly constituted municipal law enforcement agency which regularly provides primary police services to a political subdivision or, in the absence of any such municipal law enforcement agency, the commanding officer of the Pennsylvania State Police installation which regularly provides primary police services to the political subdivision” 42 Pa.C.S. §8951. The mayor has been held to be the chief law enforcement officer in the borough for purposes of the MPJA Id. at 471.

The MPJA, which does not require a chief law enforcement officer to be a municipal police officer, limits the chief law enforcement officer to directing the municipality’s police force and deciding whether to request or accept aid from neighboring municipalities Id. Moreover, the MPJA serves to highlight the difference between a “law enforcement officer” such as the borough mayor and a “municipal police officer.” The latter is defined in the MPJA as “any natural person who is properly employed by a municipality, including a home rule municipality, as a regular full-time or part-time police officer” 42 Pa.C.S. §8951. Rule 103 of the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure offers one of the best explanations of this difference. In Rule 103, a “law enforcement officer” is defined as “any person who is by law given the power to enforce the law when acting within the scope of that person’s employment” Pa.R.Crim.P. 103. A “police officer” is defined by the same rule as “any person who is by law given the power to arrest when acting within the scope of the person’s employment” Pa.R.Crim.P. 103. In brief, a law enforcement officer such as the mayor enforces the law without the authority to arrest.

Way back, you could find a lot of news articles about the event.
    Later, most were scrubbed from existence.

I posted about it many times over the years and in my old posts, I included links - all dead now.
    I regret not copy/pasting the entire articles.

I'm thinking the one above is the only one left and it is NOT what was printed previously.

It was clear in previously published reports that his shotgun was LOADED - IN THE TRUCK.
    The legality (illegality) of having a loaded shotgun was even discussed in the article and reporters ASKED police about it.
    The police brushed it off with something like a "We're looking into it".
    From 2013. Someone with the know how might want to preserve them before they get disappeared.

Here an article from 2013

https://www.wtae.com/article/braddoc...hots-1/7459686

Here*s a video of Fetterman telling the events

https://www.wtae.com/article/braddoc...hotgun/7115571

here*s a video where fetterman says he may have broken the law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZ4x12Mb40

And the police report
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...cement-reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast