Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default White House Office of Legal Counsel memos released

available here

Office of Legal Counsel Memoranda

* Memorandum Regarding Status of Certain OLC Opinions Issued in the Aftermath of the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001 (01-15-2009)
    * Memorandum Regarding Constitutionality of Amending Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to Change the "Purpose" Standard for Searches (09-25-2001)
    * Memorandum Regarding Authority for Use of Military Force to Combat Terrorist Activities within the United States (10-23-2001)
    * Memorandum Regarding Authority of the President to Suspend Certain Provisions of the ABM Treaty (11-15-2001)
    * Memorandum Regarding the President's Power as Commander in Chief to Transfer Captured Terrorists to the Control and Custody of Foreign Nations (03-13-2002)
    * Memorandum Regarding Swift Justice Authorization Act (04-08-2002)
    * Memorandum Regarding Determination of Enemy Belligerency and Military Detention (06-08-2002)
    * Memorandum Regarding Applicability of 18 U.S.C. § 4001(a) to Military Detention of United States Citizens (06-27-2002)
    * Memorandum Regarding October 23, 2001 OLC Opinion Addressing the Domestic Use of Military Force to Combat Terrorist Activities (10-06-2008)

Due to public interest in this matter, the Department of Justice is releasing these documents in an inaccessible format. Accessible versions will be posted as soon as possible. If you have a disability and the format of any material on the site interferes with your ability to access some information, please email the Department of Justice webmaster at webmaster@usdoj.gov. To enable us to respond in a manner that will be of most help to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, your preferred format (electronic format (ASCII, etc.), standard print, large print, etc.), the web address of the requested material, and your full contact information so we can reach you if questions arise while fulfilling your request.

Portable Document Format (PDF) files may be viewed with a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Default Re: White House Office of Legal Counsel memos released

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090302/...e/terror_memos

if this isn't treason....I'm...I'm not really sure...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090302/...e/terror_memos

if this isn't treason....I'm...I'm not really sure...
    I don't think it's treason by any means. The CIA is a rogue organization. Hopefully he doesn't get whacked like JFK did trying to reign them in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1911 View Post
    I don't think it's treason by any means. The CIA is a rogue organization. Hopefully he doesn't get whacked like JFK did trying to reign them in a bit.

The CIA does a damn good job of protecting our asses...this is nothing short of posting pictures of dead Americans in the streets of Fallujah and saying "the war must stop," it is meant to ellicit an emotional reaction and is just being used, at the expense of our safety, as a political tool, just like the returning war dead.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

You're comparing the release of legal documents detailing how the Bush administration sought to circumvent the constitution to posting pictures of dead bodies being dragged through the streets? Really?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    The CIA does a damn good job of protecting our asses...
    And in the end, he loved Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    You're comparing the release of legal documents detailing how the Bush administration sought to circumvent the constitution to posting pictures of dead bodies being dragged through the streets? Really?
    Its a political tool, its not that Obama has moral objections to what Bush and the CIA did, it is just something he can use to gain support in a time where it looks like he is going to need to keep as much of it as he can, cause the economic plan is going to shit...thats all I'm saying...

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    Why do you think they now are going to allow photographs of the returning war dead? Because Obama feels bad or because it is a measure that will turn the american public against the war to a larger degree, and then when they call for its end, and he delivers it, he will be even more of a hero.

(York County)

All depends on what your political view is

One side says it's trampling on civil rights, but the fairness doctrine is ok

The other states its for your protection, so shut up if you have nothing to hide.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Lackawanna County)

I have always been a believer that there are things that go on in this country that the American public does not need to know about. I don't care that a couple of terrorists, or their accomplices, got waterboarded. I don't care that they weren't asked questions in a courteous and professional manner. It's wartime, declared or not. In my mind, since September 11, 2001, all bets are off and now these people get what they get. It pisses me off that the United States is always seen as the bad guy in a situation like this. No one cares that Hussein killed 3 million of his own people, what the Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese did to our people in wartime. When you put it in perspective, a couple of their guys getting tuned up to give us information isn't really a big deal.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast