Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: If the Us Government came back to the Draft... What statement best reflects you.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would support it.

13 52.00%
  • I would enlist.

1 4.00%
  • I would run to Mexico or Canada

0 0%
  • I dont care, too old to be drafted, and have no kids.

2 8.00%
  • I would move out of the country to protect my kids.

1 4.00%
  • I would send my kids out of the country.

0 0%
  • I am a Kid, I would move out of the country.

0 0%
  • Iraq? Been there, wear the t-shirt, love to go back! Hooah!

2 8.00%
  • Not concerned, i have medical exemption.

2 8.00%
  • Other, read my post!

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Just a silly question..

What would you do if this news report became reality?

Lawmaker to push reinstating draft

House Democrat says it would deter US from wars

By John Heilprin, Associated Press | November 20, 2006
    WASHINGTON -- A senior House Democrat said yesterday that he will introduce legislation to reinstate the military draft, asserting that current troop levels are insufficient to cover possible future missions in Iran, North Korea, and Iraq.

Tonight while at work, this came on some news channel, I asked a few of the younger people i work with there, 3 our of 4 said they knew exactly where Ontario was...

If the govt opened up the Draft because of Iraq, what would you do, As young adults, and as parents.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Just a silly question..

I would support it and have no qualms if I was drafted (prime candidate, 24 yo male)

The purpose of government is to unite a people and offer protection that can not be obtained individually. That benefit comes with a cost and I feel that this is one of those costs and is not unreasonable.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Union County)

I would move to Canada!!!!

Just joking Frenchy but that's what happened during Vietnam.

I was drafted in 1963 so I guess you know that I would support the draft. Two of my three children are veterans.

grizz

(Bucks County)

Been there and never got a t-shirt.

While I'm against war I feel that if the country is at war we should all be at war or lets just forget it.

I'm against the draft but am concerned that by having a all volunteer Army its much too easy to send our boys all around the world and most Americans are not effected.

BTW, I don't think its a silly question at all. Sending boys off to kill and be killed I feel is taken to lightly by some.

I for one value one American solider more than I do a thousand Iraqis, for example.

Maybe I am getting too cynical in my middle years....

Being that I am in, I do not support the draft. While I do support a mandatory two year term of service (not necessarily in the military).

I don't think that having a draft would really help all that much, unless we are going into Iraq in full force. If we can go in fully, take the gloves off, and quit playing games, then let's do it. Besides, after 7 years in, I am tired of all of the politics, and think that the draft would make it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SGTUSArmy View Post

I don't think that having a draft would really help all that much, unless we are going into Iraq in full force. If we can go in fully, take the gloves off, and quit playing games, then let's do it. Besides, after 7 years in, I am tired of all of the politics, and think that the draft would make it worse.
    That actually is my point. If you go to war, go to F'ing war. Too many damn police actions that are buried in politics.

The story goes that when Powell ask the Joint Chiefs how many troops were needed for Gulf War I he was told "about 250,000". OK, he said, "Send 500,000!"

We should not have gone into Iraq or any other place with anything less that full force plus one. Too many games are played in the name of war.

Rant off.

(Philadelphia County)

SCREW THAT TO THE MAXIMUN POTENCY!!!

Me?? Drafted??? In order for Haliburton to get special deals? or for Dick Cheney to build his pipelines???

Me?? To get on a plane/boat and go over to somebody else's land in order to kill their families?? FUCK THAT.

On the other hand, the second that news reports come in saying that Chinese forces have landed in the shores of Jersey, Ill be the first bad mofo to grab his assault rifle and wait them "invaders/liberators" up on over the hill....
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Well I wrote the thread, I suppose I should state why I would respect it.

Your right it's not a silly question, mainly because it very well might have to happen. Recruitment was at an all time high right after 911, every one and his Brother wanted to join, but now, its going down fast with out the public/political support. I have 4 step kids, one is in Germany, I have a Daughter who although In Québec might want to come study here some day soon.

I take pride in knowing Tyler (Germany) is out there for us, although he is not in a war affected zone, he is training for it. I agree 200% that every able young person should have some sort of mandatory training, be it in the National Guard, reserves, or border patrol.

Home defense means just that “defending your home” in this case being America. Be it in the Peace Corps, or any other defense group. Border patrol, even keeping our skies and waters open, be it inland or seas. Kids should have a mandatory time they serve and learn how to become guards of the land.

I would actually change the constitution words “right” and “to keep and bear arms” to “Duty to learn how to keep and bear arms” if it was my choice.

The only safe country is the one where the people KNOW how to use what they have around them to defend the country. We all know what learning on the spot feels like, might work when it comes to learning how to do things in business, but when it comes to firearms, its not some thing one should have to do.

If every young person learnt how to use a firearm to protect and fend for the good of the country, even if they never used it again, it would be an added security for every on in America.

Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Berks County)

I'm getting out of the range of eligibility (32 yo), so I'm not sure how it would affect me directly.

If a draft were to come, regardless of whether or not I was chosen, I would disagree with it in these circumstances. I think our involvement in Iraq was a mistake, and I don't want to see more lives put at risk over it. In other circumstances I might support it, but not this time.

With that said, I am an American citizen, and if my number were up I would serve. I feel it's the duty and obligation of every citizen to "answer the call" when asked, regardless of personal feelings. If Congress tried to re-instate the draft I would fight it, ask my representatives not to support it, etc. before the resolution/law was passed, but once passed it's our job as citizens to adhere follow the law.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Can we add about question about Invading Canada?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast