Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ohio: Governor Kasich Signs Restaurant Carry, HB54 into law.

Looks like our neighbors to the west are getting better carry laws put into effect.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53711

I am initially happy about this as I used to live in Ohio and frequently visit. However there have already been some reports of more restaurants putting up signs forbidding firearms and in Ohio. As I understand those signs have more legal weight behind them than trespassing in Pennsylvania.

Default Re: Ohio: Governor Kasich Signs Restaurant Carry, HB54 into law.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I am initially happy about this as I used to live in Ohio and frequently visit. However there have already been some reports of more restaurants putting up signs forbidding firearms and in Ohio. As I understand those signs have more legal weight behind them than trespassing in Pennsylvania.
    I grew up there and occasionally visit my brother near Cleveland. In the past I haven't bothered to carry there since it seemed that everywhere we went during our visit was posted or legally off-limits. Based on recent experience in Tennessee, our worst enemy will be the restaurant association. They proved to be rabidly "anti," to the extent that they passed out "no guns" signs and in some cases told the restaurant owners and managers that they were required to post them. Some have been successful in reasoning with the manager and getting them taken down, but you are right -- they do have the force of law there. And Ohio is known for vigorously enforcing their "must inform officer" law -- they interpret it to mean immediately.

(Erie County)

Whoo Hooo! Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    ...I am initially happy about this as I used to live in Ohio and frequently visit. However there have already been some reports of more restaurants putting up signs forbidding firearms....
    Hopefully that is just fear mongering by the anti's, but if not, we'll know who to give our business to in the future....
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

(Berks County)

OMFG!!! Drunks with guns are going to be running the streets shooting everyone and everything in sight!!! Death and woe!!!

Good for Ohio, people shouldn't have to disarm to have a beer or glass of wine with dinner.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Good for Ohio, people shouldn't have to disarm to have a beer or glass of wine with dinner.
    Shouldn't but still do there. You will be able to go in and have your dinner, but it will still be a crime to drink while carrying.

As for signs, the same thing happened in Tennessee last year. The restaurant association was against this law and you can bet they will try their best to convince "responsible" restaurants to post. These days, it would be difficult to get a law passed that allows drinking while carrying.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Shouldn't but still do there. You will be able to go in and have your dinner, but it will still be a crime to drink while carrying.

As for signs, the same thing happened in Tennessee last year. The restaurant association was against this law and you can bet they will try their best to convince "responsible" restaurants to post. These days, it would be difficult to get a law passed that allows drinking while carrying.
    In this economy, the restaurants can not afford loss of patrons.............a very vocal "we WILL NOT patronize you" may just get some attention.