Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Angry Some people are so IGNORANT!!!!

The neighbor kid, who is a great little kid, recieved a .223 varment rifle for Christmas. So yesterday with cabin fever boiling I called his father and invited both of them to my sportsmens club range to do a little shooting. The father could not go so it was just me and the neighbor kid. We arrive at the established range of my club and begin to set up. Just as we are about to start shooting I look up and see two small game hunters starting to walk down the field behind the range. I yelled out, "hey guys, the range is active were going to start shooting." I get an, "OK" from the two men and they procede to just keep on walking. If that is not bad enough, they then walk the edge of the field parallel with the backstops of the range. They took there sweet time and we had to wait a half hour before they were safely out of the picture. It's not like we were out in the middle of nowhere. We are at an established rifle range. Really??? How rude can some people be?
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Some people are so IGNORANT!!!!

It's a favorite pass time in USA. Not to care.

(Chester County)

Nothing a few blanks fired off wouldn't have fixed... I bet they would have moved their ass then.. .

But in all seriousness, that is pretty rude of them... either that or they don't care about their safety.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by rockstrongo View Post
    Nothing a few blanks fired off wouldn't have fixed... I bet they would have moved their ass then.. .

But in all seriousness, that is pretty rude of them... either that or they don't care about their safety.
    I thought of walking up to them and start gettng lippy. However, I was in charge of a very young kid, He is 12 I think. He does not need to see that kind of behavior so I just let it slide. I did explaine to him how rude it was though.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I thought of walking up to them and start gettng lippy. However, I was in charge of a very young kid, He is 12 I think. He does not need to see that kind of behavior so I just let it slide. I did explaine to him how rude it was though.
    You should bring up their behavior at your club's next meeting,it could help discourage such rude behavior in the future.

Good that you were the better man in front of the 12 year old.Also good that you explained that their actions were not acceptable behavior and unsafe.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Cambria County)

It just gave you another 30 minutes to go over firearm safety with a young shooter...

Make lemonade dude...
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Crawford County)

Their hunting is FAR more important than you taking the time to properly instruct a young shooter, doncha know....after all, them squirrels or whatever ain't gonna shoot themselves.(sarcasm)

Besides, if they hadn't remained in the sight picture your shooting would have spooked all the game in the area. So even though you were there first, they decided to take the higher proirity by preventing you from shooting until they were done.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Delaware County)

I am assuming the range has no RSO? Or CRSO?
    No Flag to fly to show active range?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Luzerne County)

Just remember... YA CANT FIX STUPID..................

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I used to go to a big match at the Harrisburg Hunter's and Anglers club every year. Haven't been there in years but at the time there was no berm on the side of range and that's where the parking lot was. I was never concerned as I figured the people at the match knew how to point their pistols in the right direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast