Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Genius: Your Car Stolen... You PAY!!!

I came across this nugget of fun and really was not that surprised. Become a victim of a car theft in Philadelphia and the Police charge you!!! Sweet. This is about as smart as their policy of taking your LTCF if a gun gets stolen from your car.

Watch the video, around the 2 min 30 sec point it gets really funny... "It Keeps You Safe."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/..._Car_Back.html

I have a few thoughts and suggestions to expand this program to create revenue as the intrepid senior Philadelphia Police shit head pointed out:

Turn 911 into a "pay for service" that has an initial call fee and for each additional minute. When you call, have your credit card handy!!!

Charge 2500 USD for each time an accident is written up by a Police Officer. This will make you safe and decrease accidents.

Levy a cover charge for anyone entering any City owned building, just like a night club. You will not get your hand stamped, so you have to pay each time you go in and out. (This will make smokers stop smoking and save money on health insurance to fund the ObamaPlan)

Use the Philly SWAT team to patrol the sidewalks of downtown to collect a "sidewalk charge." This charge will be whatever the SWAT team thinks you are capable of paying. Officers also get to keep 10% of their daily haul. It will make you safer.

Install water meters on all firetrucks to charge for the water used to put out a fire. The owner of the property will receive the bill after the fire. It will cut down on fires.

If these actions are taken the city Government of Philadelphia could easily become a Fortune 500 company in about no time.

Of the people, for the people and Buy the People...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Genius: Your Car Stolen... You PAY!!!

This is the same kind of crap that goes on in Florida. My brother had his house burglarized. When they recovered some of the items from the pawn shop, they had my brother pay to get them back even though they knew who pawned them. What kind of legal system do we have? It is a sick joke...and every taxpayer who is wronged is the punchline.

-Zach

(Montgomery County)

I just ran the numbers on cars stolen in Philadelphia from 2004 to 2006 (no info for 07 or 08) and I seriously think that crime does indeed pay, the Police.

Car Thefts:
    2004: 12587
    2005: 11420
    2006: 11655

Total: 35662 car thefts

If you multiply this by the 125 USD per recovered car (assuming best case scenario and that the car was recovered) you get 4,457,750 USD.

I know that not all of the cars will be recovered, yet this represents potential REVENUE as the senior Police Officer stated in the video.

Crime pays the Philadelphia Police Department.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lebanon County)

Hey, you folks voted for a guy named NUTTER to run the city, now you expect him, and his henchmen NOT to live up to his name?

(Montgomery County)

Actually this has been going on since the Street administration.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I just ran the numbers on cars stolen in Philadelphia from 2004 to 2006 (no info for 07 or 08) and I seriously think that crime does indeed pay, the Police.

Car Thefts:

If you multiply this by the 125 USD per recovered car (assuming best case scenario and that the car was recovered) you get 4,457,750 USD.

I know that not all of the cars will be recovered, yet this represents potential REVENUE as the senior Police Officer stated in the video.

Will they charge extra for the ones they pulled out of the river?

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    Will they charge extra for the ones they pulled out of the river?
    Nah, you get an epa ticket for breaking the clean water act.

(Bucks County)

Actually this has been going on since the Street administration.
    That explains it right there...

Car Thefts:

The news reports says that of the $150 fee, the PPD takes $25 for 'administrative expenses' and $125 goes to an independent tow company. So that loot you calculated above isn't going to the cops - but I'm wondering how much of a 'donation' the tow company has made to certain politicians in the city. Hmmmmmmm....

i can get my truck tow for 35.00. 125 for a city contracted tow is way expensive. the city is getting a chunk of that money some how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast