Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default ~ When does Market Price Get So High that it's Time to Sell an AR15?

Looking at the two AR-15 rifles here and was wondering when the prices get so high that a person is compelled to sell off one of them.

Have a very fine PSA Mid-Length "pencil barrel" carbine that has yet to be fired. The lower is a STAG. It's a nice handy tactical style AR. Just for uppers like this now, dealers are asking over $800. It's nuts! As it stands at the moment . . . AR15 rifles of this type are fetching the higher teens in price.

Wonder what will happen as soon as Fangstein drops her AWB phase II bill into the Senate bill hopper. Might the price for thing shoot up to $3,000?

Already have one guy on the line who's offered to swap two excellent M1 Garand rifles, with one being a crisp HRA for the STAG / PSA middy AR.

When does with the big AR15 Roulette Wheel come to a stop?
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

(Crawford County)

Default Re: ~ When does Market Price Get So High that it's Time to Sell an AR15?

I think anyone buying now at these inflated prices is nuts. Besides that why would anyone sale there bought for personal protection firearm just to make a profit.
    Last edited by Hivelocity; December 25th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ~ When does Market Price Get So High that it's Time to Sell an AR15?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity View Post
    I think anyone buying now at these inflated prices is nuts. Besides that why would anyone sale there bought for personal protection firearm just to make a profit.
    The answer to your "why" is found in your own words.

(Jefferson County)

If you have a surplus of guns - sure, there may come a time when selling might be in your best interest.

If you only have one for yourself, or just enough for your immediate family - never. Then you have to figure in breakages, lost, stolen, and seizure. ...so, have a spare or two would be a wise thing.

I'm in a pickle financially, and have considered selling my Stag M4. Then I thought about it for a few more and came to my senses. If crap were to hit the fan, my family would need it. I'll sell my virgin ass before I sell my M4.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Wayne County)

I doubt anybody is selling the only ar they own. I know lots of people got some extra sticks in safes. True - those buying now are nuts. But they failed to prepare and now paying arm and leg.

Prices are not gonna improve this year. Maybe if no ban by summer time it will improve in time for holidays. Right now manufacturing new stuff knowing it may get banned makes companies think twice.

Two is one and one is none.so if you only have two hold on to it.

(Monroe County)

Then too . . . perhaps the baby can really be split in two and it will all work out for the best.

Maybe instead of selling the whole complete rifle . . . just peddle the upper assembly and bolt carrier group for a solid easy sale of $800 - $1,000. Then keep the lower assembly (receiver) for a rainy apocalyptic day or later fast buck deal. No matter which way it all goes in the end, you're covered.

Adams Arms is advertising now on this WEB site offering AR upper assemblies for $800.

Bought a new FN M16 bolt from a guy for $60 a couple of days ago and thought that I got screwed. Some guy on the AR15 board had 6 of the FN bolts for $95 each and sold them like hot cakes.

Before this mania goes really bonkers . . . it could well be time to split that baby in half!

Last edited by Capt Quahog; December 25th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

(Wayne County)

Palmetto still have at least one upper in stock so selling yours for 1k maybe a good dream. I am trying to unload mil spec chf spikes upper and all I can get is 1250 on gunbroker which is not enough for me to say good buy.

(Monroe County)

Palmetto shows one (1) upper in stock but I'll be ya a buck if it's ordered you won't get the thing.

They have apparently sold some uppers over on the AR15 board in the $1,000 - $1,200 range. Those, at least to me, did not look to be anything that special.

It seems that there is an entirely new horde of yahoos who've jumped on the bandwagon and demand to buy "Assault Weapons". They've got plastic charge cards with high limits and are buying. Not being real money, the diffirence between a thousand dollars here and a thousand dollars there doesn't mean a heck of a lot.

(Wayne County)

That is why I don't see anything bad in charging those yahoos double or triple.
    Normal working person won't drop mad money for an ar. Those who can spend 1500 for an upper I am sure not spending their last dime.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm "in the shit" right now. Prices are already way down from the last 3 days. "Mutt" rifles by hand or by commission are not bringing the premium that rifles made in a shop are bringing.

Great news if you have a Colt LE6920, which are still above $2k. S&W M&P seem to be doing very well. Of course, CMMG and other higher-end names are faring well but prices, at large, are coming down below $2k now and "Mutts" are barely bidding above $1k.

Just a heads-up. The market balance has shifted with folks putting their supply out there and prices are normalizing.

The train came through 3 days ago. Perhaps it will pick back up and it's just the holiday but I don't think so. Everyone and their mother with multiple AR's has them listed.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast