Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Exton PA, head stomping state trooper cleared of any wrong doing.

Trooper cleared after stomping on innocent man’s skull while handcuffed.

Exton pair files civil rights lawsuit against State Police.

Federal jury acquits state trooper of stomping.

A couple of interesting aspects about this incident.

The victim was in his own home (nearby), not in the home that was raided as part of the drug investigation.

West Whiteland Officer Glenn Cockerham testified against Pennsylvania State Trooper Kelly Cruz:

“I observed Zachary Bare still lying face down on the kitchen floor. He was yelling something at the trooper that I could not hear clearly. The trooper was standing over him, to the left of Bare’s prone body.

The trooper said ‘shut the **** up’ then suddenly stamped downward on the back of Bare’s head with his right foot, pushing Bare’s face into the kitchen floor. I saw Bare lift his head and spit blood and teeth onto the kitchen floor.”

Officer Cockerham told investigators that the trooper’s use of force “was totally unnecessary.”
    Last edited by hotdog; April 18th, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Exton PA, head stomping state trooper cleared of any wrong doing.

The article was terrible. Sadly the author didn't show signs to be an "idiot with a mission" until after my eyes had been scorched and my brain dried from shitty writing.
    To all those reading this...Enjoy your day

Quote Originally Posted by Big77 View Post
    The article was terrible. Sadly the author didn't show signs to be an "idiot with a mission" until after my eyes had been scorched and my brain dried from shitty writing.
    Many of these alternative or independent news sites, due to a lack of funding, rely on volunteer "journalists". Accordingly, their articles arent as polished as we'd like.

Assuming your eyes are still operable and your brain isnt permanently damaged, here are a couple of other articles which should be less harmful.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...t-state-police

http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-1...are-kelly-cruz
    Last edited by hotdog; April 17th, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

(Chester County)

I read that article today and to me it is very disturbing. Not only did the State Trooper act brutally to the guy in cuffs the jurors had on blindfolds and ear plugs. Very disturbing. The Cockerhams are an old family name and in East and West Whiteland Townships. I think officer Cockerham would have been in his rights to disarm the Trooper, put him in cuffs and also read him his rights. There are bad apples in every organization and it appears this bad apple got away with assaulting a prisoner.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I think officer Cockerham would have been in his rights to disarm the Trooper, put him in cuffs and also read him his rights.
    Within his rights? Pffft... how about within his DUTY?

Kudos to officer Cockerham for doing the right thing in the end, but the reality is that this problem will not be solved until LEOs start policing themselves with the zeal that they exhibit while stomping us.

(Chester County)

I too was very surprised of the verdict. How could a guy laying face down handcuffed behind his back be life threatening. I bet he couldn't even stand up without help let alone being a threat.

Is anyone really surprised by this verdict? We all know it's bullshit, but is anyone truly surprised?

(Lancaster County)

Don't worry, I'm sure all the 'good' troopers in that guy's barracks are now being mean to him.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northumberland County)

it was wrong for the trooper to beat the guy already in handcuffs, how can a guy already in handcuffs be a danger? unless hes bruce lee kung fu master with his feet then yeah.

state police think they are above the law, they dont even have jurisdiction in muncipals who have city police.

hope attorney general sees this and reopens the case.

(Chester County)

I never did like state cops since 1959. After graduating high school I went to get an application to be a state cop. Back then these guys were tall and built like trees.

He stood up, looked down at me and said "come back when you grow up".
    So I left pissed off and joined the Marines instead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast